STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Accountants in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Harley-Davidson Financial Services (HDFS), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Harley-Davidson, Inc., offers a wide range of financial products and services to motorcycle enthusiasts and Harley-Davidson dealerships. Products available to consumers include financing on motorcycles, MotorClothes™, and parts and accessories; cycle insurance; and extended service plans for Harley-Davidson® motorcycles.
You’ll play a pivotal role in helping us create the company we want to be. And for our employees and H-D community it’s done through being fair, honest, positive and creative. This isn’t just any company. And yours isn’t just any career. It’s part of your story. Ride with us and make it legendary.
Located inside the Chicago Loop you’ll find a vibrant area featuring eclectic eateries, shops, theaters, parks and HDFS’ Chicago office. Chicago is HDFS’ corporate headquarters and serves as the home office for employees who work in Accounting, Business Intelligence, Corporate Strategy, Credit and Risk Management, Marketing, Sales, and Securitization. Join our team as Sr Accountant.
This position will be responsible for performing special project assignments, general accounting functions, financial reporting, and systems maintenance, training, and testing.
- Leads in the completion of the monthly accounting close including the preparation of the following: monthly management reporting package schedules and related support, monthly detailed analyses and reports as necessary to assist in the month-end review process, and quarterly financial reporting and analyses for management and Harley-Davidson, Inc. reporting.
- Proactively brings identified issues and proposed solutions to the attention of management.
- Makes judgment, when called upon, regarding accounting treatment of individual items. Errors in judgment could cause mistreatment of individual items resulting in overstatement or understatement of income or expense.
- Establishes relationships with other departments and acts as contact for internal/external auditors for areas of responsibility.
- Provides training and support to accounting staff and leads testing of system patches and upgrades where appropriate.
- Performs, establishes and drives implementation of best practices for creating monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, procedures and other related tasks.
- Supports financial analysts as needed in preparation and analysis of annual budget/quarterly forecasts and contributes to the preparation of year-end financial statements, including footnote disclosure related to accounts in scope of responsibility.
- Assists the accounting department with maintaining compliance with GAAP and other regulatory agency technical guidance. This may include research-related projects, various ad-hoc financial reporting requests and other special projects.
- Protection of information and compliance with the law are paramount. Protecting employee, customer and corporate information is everyone’s responsibility at Eaglemark Savings Bank. All employees must follow established safeguards, including policies regarding data protection, segregation of duties, and access to information based solely on business need. Further, it is the responsibility of all employees to maintain awareness and understanding of relevant laws, regulations, internal policies and procedures, and to comply with all of them.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel
- High level of professionalism
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a strong attention to deal with limited supervision
- Proven ability to take the initiative, multi-task, and achieve results in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- CPA preferred
- General ledger
- Financial reporting
- SAP (accounting software)
- Microsoft Access
- Experience with financial services companies
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time employees including, but not limited to, bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.