Senior Accountants (Remote Work)
Senior Accountants (Remote Work)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Aviation Group is hiring Senior Accountants in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Hiring Note: We are happy to consider remote workers with the right experience, and we welcome applicants from all over the country. We appreciate that there is a location listed in this post (most third-party platforms require it), but this position can be done from anywhere. Please keep that in mind when you apply online.
This position will perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The senior accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
A successful senior accountant will have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding senior accountant should also possess the ability to learn tasks in a new way, be a change agent within the department, have strong Excel skills, and be detail-oriented, highly organized, and work with little to no supervision. The senior accountant should also be a self-starter, team oriented and able to perform under pressure to deliver results.
- Obtain and manage a thorough understanding of the trial balance and general ledger
- Prepare journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Manage the general ledger and support the organization by providing financial statement analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex business transactions, their coding and purpose, and how changes in business transactions impact the general ledger
- Ensure proper procedures are adhered to in accordance company policy Ad Hoc analyses as needed
- Assist with annual audit preparations
- Interact in a team environment of professionals to deliver on company initiatives
- Collaborate with subject matter experts, and project teams to assist with system improvements and efficiencies
- Performing other accounting duties as required or assigned
Educational Background / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- CPA designation or equivalent experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
- High degree of self-motivation
- Staffing industry or Shared Service experience a plus
General Qualifications / Required Skills:
- 5 – 7 years of general accounting experience required
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel
- Proficiency with multi-entity subledger accounting systems
- Detail oriented with good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and schedule workload effectively
- High level attention to detail
About STS Aviation Group:
Founded in 1986, STS Aviation Group is a one-stop service provider to the global aviation industry. With headquarters in Jensen Beach, Florida and offices around the world, STS delivers nose-to-tail solutions with unmatched results and expertise. To learn more about STS Aviation Group and what makes it the company with “Solutions to Keep You Flying,” please visit www.stsaviationgroup.com or call 1-800-800-2400.