Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineers (Assembly)
Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineers (Assembly)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Advanced Manufacturing Engineers for Harley-Davidson in York, Pennsylvania.
The Sr Advanced Manufacturing Engineer for assembly is well-versed and knowledgeable in the following areas: Design for Assembly/Manufacturing (DFA/M) principles, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) tools & methodology, assembly process planning, procurement and installation of capital equipment, and material handling/flow. They perform a key role in manufacturing process development and implementation (both internal to H-D and externally with the supply base); and should have experience with motorcycle, vehicle, or powertrain assembly. As the process expert, the role is focused on opportunities to influence new product design for assembly through development of: integrated manufacturing systems, standardized processes & templates, risk assessment & mitigation (PFMEA), and after action reviews (AAR). This role will also provide technical help chain support across H-D and the Supply Base. A strong focus on Continuous Improvement and manufacturing innovation are also critical for success in this role. Domestic and international travel will be required through the life of the projects that this role supports.
- Employees at all levels are expected to keep abreast of new and changing technology and methods that enhance their skill set. This can be accomplished through continuing learning at outside classes, seminars, reading and other related training opportunities.
- Continuously improves processes and responsibilities in their job.
- Employee will interact with a variety of stake holders via various communication mediums (written and/or verbal).
- Is comfortable interacting at all levels within and outside the company.
- Actively listens and seeks others opinions.
- Focuses on facts and process, not the person.
- Shares information honestly and transparently.
Advanced Technology / Innovation:
- Interacts closely with the design community, manufacturing, as well as the supply base to work in a collaborative nature on new product & process development.
- Proactively pursues new technology that may provide benefit to our organization
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience is required.
- The ability to communicate technical subjects in a clear and concise manner to multiple levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in solving challenging technical problems within a focused team environment.
- The candidate must also demonstrate proven success managing medium-to-large-scale projects from concept development, through capital funding planning and approval, and ultimately through successful implementation.
Preference will be given to candidates that also demonstrate they are able to:
- Influence part design related to Design for Assembly (DFA), error proofing, fixture design, torque strategy development and incorporating quality improvement measures.
- Participate in “Should Cost Analysis” for new tooling and parts.
- Work with suppliers to develop best practice assembly methods and procedures.
- Implement JIT and Lean Manufacturing principles (5s, Six Sigma, CI system, etc.)
- Apply problem solving techniques (root cause analysis, 5whys, DOE’s, 8D’s, etc.) to resolve technical coating related issues.
- Perform supplier Technical Assessments and implement supplier technical development plans.
- Understanding of ISO 9001 or TS16949 standards and demonstrated experience in ensuring practical and consistent application of these standards to quality policies and procedures.
At Harley-Davidson it is not just what degree you have or what you know, you must also exhibit a high level of professionalism by demonstrating our valued behaviors in everything you do:
- Be Accountable
- Model Integrity
- Value Individuality and Diversity
- Inspire Teamwork
- Encourage Creativity
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.