Senior Aircraft Interior Installation Technicians (REQ# 176855)
Senior Aircraft Interior Installation Technicians (REQ# 176855)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Aircraft Interior Installation Technicians in St. Louis, Missouri.
The Interior Installation Technician Senior works under limited supervision to remove, install, and/or fabricate aircraft interiors, which may include items such as trim, carpet, sound proofing, light structure, cabinetry, panels and other accessories. All work performed should be in accordance with company design specifications, quality standards and completed work should meet customer expectations. Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Safely perform aircraft interior removal, installation, and/or fabrication of aircraft interiors (which may include galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors and panels).
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with Repair Station procedures, internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Mentor and train other Interior Installation Technicians. Review their work prior to sign off to ensure work complies with quality control standards.
- Accept lead responsibilities as required. Oversee projects or other technicians and assess requirements of assigned tasks to procure required materials and documentation for assigned tasks.
- Utilize the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as hand tools, band saws, shears, sanders and brakes. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Prepare and install aircraft interior items in accordance with company operation procedures and quality standards.
- Remove and re-install nut plates, inserts and other fasteners used in aircraft interiors. Apply proper use of hardware and fittings on aircraft installations.
- Comply with safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and use personal protective equipment as required. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Assist technicians with aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Adapt to sudden schedule changes and coordinate projects with other shops/departments as required.
- Work with lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements that reduce cost, cycle time, and man-hours using Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement techniques.
- Make and use simple patterns for own use employing standardized procedures.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High school diploma/GED.
- Four (4) years of applicable installation, fabrication or related experience.
- Experience in aerospace industry preferred.
- Fluent in the English language. Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use hand/power tools and equipment associated with installation and removal of interiors.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs, work in small restricted areas, lift up to 40 pounds and work any shift.
- Must be computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced knowledge of aircraft installation and/or fabrication processes applicable to the specific position, such as removal and installation of galleys, closets, lavatories, side ledges, bulkheads, doors, panels; working with composite panels made from Nomex honeycomb, fiberglass, Lexan, acrylic materials, etc…
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be fluent in English
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.