Senior Aircraft Painters
Senior Aircraft PaintersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Aircraft Painters in Savannah, Georgia.
The Senior Aircraft Painter works independently to safely prepare, paint and detail aircraft according to schedule using company quality standards and operating procedures. Act on behalf of the Lead in their absence and provide assistance and work direction to other painters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely perform aircraft preparation, painting, and detailing of aircraft under minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with supervision and Inspection to ensure compliance with internal and FAA paperwork, sign-offs and quality specifications.
- Assist supervision with assignment and accomplishment of work for assigned team members.
- Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by setting a good example for other painters to follow.
- Act on behalf of supervision as required.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment such as dual action sanders, hydraulic lift platforms and paint sprayers.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools.
- Follow standard operating procedures when using sealants, paint strippers and corrosion-preventive chemicals and use protective equipment as required.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures and be alert for unsafe conditions.
- Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Assist with aircraft movement in hangars.
- Comply with Paint shop standard practices (SPT) process and WFR processes.
- Mentor other members of Paint operations as required.
- Offer continuous improvement ideas/participate in continuous improvement activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Thorough and complete understanding of the GAMPS, paint operations SPT manual and paint WFR.
- Four (4) years experience in related paint processes.
- Aircraft industry experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of paint processes and products (lacquers, enamels, epoxies, urethanes, and acrylics) is necessary.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.