Senior Aircraft Technicians
Senior Aircraft TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Aircraft Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
Independently perform a variety of aircraft modifications and maintenance functions such as removal and installations of airframes, landing gear, engine components, electrical components, and control systems to assure conformance to procedures, performances and test specifications.
- Perform required. periodic maintenance and necessary servicing of all aircraft mechanical systems.
- Must demonstrate the ability to consistently perform assigned maintenance task within the quoted or standard CMP time.
- Provide work direction for assigned technicians. Promote high standards of quality through instruction and by example setting.
- Act on behalf of Mechanical Team Lead (MTL) in his/her absence and assume the duties and responsibilities of the MTL when assigned.
- Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements.
- Properly complete work order sign-offs, shift turnovers, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment.
- Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures and JSAs when operating ground support equipment, such as power supply, hydraulic rigs, nitrogen filler carts, and oxygen service carts.
- Operate and supervise use of special support equipment used in removal and installations of major components
- Coordinate movement of aircraft as required.
- Assist in training new employees concerning computerized maintenance program (CMP) maintenance manuals, SRMs illustrated parts catalog (IPC) usage, flight test installations, and all maintenance of major components.
- Coordinate with other departments to arrange for the overhaul or repair of customer property as needed.
- Use the material tracking system to create parts demand and to charge labor to correct work orders and item numbers.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly collect and dispose of waste fuel, oil, hydraulic fluids, de-icing fluids, and solvent rags.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Airframe & Powerplant license
- Fixed wing, Turbine aircraft experience
- Repair Station experience, (Part 145) Preferred.
- Experience including hydraulics, sheet metal, composites, pneumatics, flight control surfaces and rigging, landing gear and associated components, APU’s, Engine R/R, fuel systems, etc.
- Fly by wire experience a plus Business/Corporate Jet maintenance
- High-end cabins and related systems highly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of inspection and maintenance procedures for various aircraft models and systems within each aircraft product line.
- Advanced knowledge of pertinent technical reference materials (maintenance manuals, IPCs, Service Bulletins, structural repair manuals, engineering drawings, ADS, etc.).
- Working knowledge of the FAA regulations, process specifications, Repair Station and Quality Control manuals, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Technical Services family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.