STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Buyers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2020 & 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Supports the procurement of goods and services from suppliers in a major area of a particular component group. Coordinates with vendors on procurement actions, engineering, manufacturing and other considerations. Assists in intra-departmental coordination to achieve corporate goals, and departmental goals on a given commodity team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide input for selection of strategic suppliers who have the ability to meet all delivery, quality, new product development, and competitiveness requirements.
- Establish regular programs for pricing review through negotiations and contracts.
- Assists with supplier cost and warranty negotiations, cost reduction, and cost containment.
- Support selection of quality vendors that have the ability to provide long term support at the right price.
- Project management.
- Provide feedback in engineering design reviews.
- Bid and proposal support.
- Support standard setting process.
- Create debits/credits with suppliers.
- Resolution of invoice price discrepancies.
- Assist with supply base rationalization efforts.
- Assist with development and coordination of supply agreements.
- Assist in the identification of Kanban suppliers and create memorandums of understanding with suppliers.
- Support personal mastery goals of the corporation including (Six Sigma, Lean, Project Management, and other professional development related to Supply Chain).
- Prepare for and participate in negotiations and coordination with suppliers, including supplier visits to Oshkosh Corporation.
- Provide assistance in the resolution of discrepant material through coordination with internal departments and suppliers.
- Manage the flow of goods to JLG Parts Distribution by providing the necessary guidance to Tactical Buyers.
- Understand and maintain compliance to government regulations and public laws.
- Provide feedback and make recommendations to Global Commodity Managers, Purchasing Management, Operational Buyers and other senior staff concerning supply impacts and industry trends.
- Establish and maintain positive interdepartmental and intra-departmental working relationships.
- Provide leadership and maintain a high level of performance in carrying out the goals of the department and corporation.
- Assist in training new Strategic buyers, occasionally providing supervisor-level support.
- Administer and complete special projects as assigned.
- Assist with the procurement of over $15 million in materials and services annually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Production Management, Industrial Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years related experience
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.