Senior Category Specialists
Senior Category SpecialistsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Category Specialists in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
Looking to join an established company with the potential to grow your career? Then you have come to the right spot! We are looking for a motivated individual with a growth mindset who has experience in Supply Chain to join our team.
We offer our employees an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- Eligibility on Day 1 for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you to further your education in a degreed program (Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree programs)
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to 6%
- Competitive paid-time off plans
- Company bonus plan, free life, short and long-term disability plans
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year
- Many, many more!
This is a Hybrid position, working in the office and from home. The Senior Category Specialist role will be a senior level position within the supply chain category management and new product development functions. This role will engage in advanced data gathering, analytics, and manipulation. This role will frequently use internal and external data to provide category usage, trends and company/customer supply chain impact. The Senior Category Specialist will regularly conduct benchmarking, market intelligence and supply base research to identify and capture value for the business. This role leads one or more spend categories and may function as a working leader.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Data gathering and information.
- Subject matter expert on spend category.
- Frequent use of data analytics tools to conduct spend and category data analytics.
- Advanced and independent critical thinking to formulate business cost/value opportunities within category/commodity.
- Knowledge of suppliers and supply markets.
- Knowledge of supplier relationships management and engagement.
- Understand supply market trends and how they impact the business.
- Interprets and understand engineering technical drawings.
- Responsible for part taxonomy.
- Understand category and connection of the global marketplace.
- Manage supplier engagement, referencing and LTA/contracting strategies.
- Identify, communicate, and manage supply chain risk.
- Lead the validation and governance of category/commodity prices including total cost of ownership models.
- Advanced understanding of sourcing process/procedures; support and lead strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Lead through influence; utilize project management to lead and coordinate programs from concept through launch, and may lead or participate on council.
- Bachelor’s degree and five (5) or more years of experience in Supply Chain Management or a related field.
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to travel 10-20%.
- Category strategy experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.