Senior Computer Specialists (R0046778)
Senior Computer Specialists (R0046778)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Computer Specialists in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Duties, Experience, Skills, Requirements, & Information:
- Excellent knowledge of the Red Hat operating system including how to optimize Red Hat for performance;
- Propose and implement system improvements to increase system performance of both disked and diskless Red Hat workstations;
- Extensive knowledge of DoD STIGS and the impacts to system performance;
- Understand system vulnerabilities and propose solutions;
- Work with software developers to provide input for hardware selection;
- Responsible for the configuration, maintenance, and reliability of computer systems;
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems including Windows 10, Windows Server, and Windows domain controllers;
- Perform routine/scheduled audits of the systems, including all backups;
- Provide end user and network enclave systems support to include installation, troubleshooting, and patching of operating systems and applications;
- Manage systems security using existing scripts, tools, and procedures to maintain compliance with DoD and local policy;
- Design and deploy networks; Maintain network servers such as file servers, and VPN gateways;
- Perform network address assignment;
- Assign routing protocols and routing table configuration;
- Assign configuration of authentication and authorization of directory services;
- Provide input and develop procedures related to systems administration tasking;
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems, network servers, and virtualization;
- Analyze system logs for potential hardware, software, and security issues and resolve any issues discovered;
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware;
- Process Hardware and Software change requests for all changes made to the facility network;
- Provide Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) support to include reporting IAVM compliance and creating mitigation plans; AND
- Implement DoD, DON and NAVAIR security policies.
- Expertise with Linux/Red Hat environment, at least five (5) years;
- At least five (5) years of experience in Systems Administration;
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license; AND
- All candidates will be required to pass Drug Screenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or a related field.
- Must have current US DoD Secret clearance and have the ability to obtain and maintain a US DoD Top Secret Security clearance, throughout employment.
Our benefits and perks include:
- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k), Life/AD&D/STD/LTD insurance
- Tuition and training assistance program
- Wellness program & Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation and sick leave & 10 Paid Holidays
- Mobile phone service discount / Discounted Gym Memberships
Conditions will vary. Most work is performed in enclosed building, but some outside work may be required. Work will include sitting, standing, walking, lifting and reaching. Applicant should be capable of lifting 50-100 lbs. assisted by other employees.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.