Senior Control Systems Engineers (Remote / Flexible)
Senior Control Systems Engineers (Remote / Flexible)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Control Systems Engineers in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
Hiring Note: This is a direct hire position. 80% remote flexible with 20% travel to the office each month. The office is located in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
It’s a great time to join our client’s growing, advanced technology team as a Senior Controls Engineer / Firmware Engineer working on heavy-duty industrial trucks. Responsible for advanced vehicle control systems research, development, verification and validation, testing, and production implementation. Utilize essential education background or work-related experiences, strong time management, communication, and critical thinking skills. Follow the directions of the supervisor efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progress. Complete tasks with some guidance on a mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager. Strong motivation to learn new technologies and skills in advanced control systems.
Our client offers employees an outstanding range of benefits, including:
- Eligibility on Day 1 for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement to allow you to further your education in a degreed program (Associates, Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree programs)
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to 6%
- Competitive paid-time off plans
- Company bonus plan, free life, short and long-term disability plans
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution up to $1K per year
- Many, many more!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for advanced vehicle control systems and telematics research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
- Responsible for working on several advanced technology development programs including autonomy, active safety, electrification, and advanced connectivity.
- Establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project.
- Responsible for developing advanced control systems strategies in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools or bench test vehicle simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced technology development programs under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Assist feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, timelines) on proposed projects.
- Support proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced technology development efforts.
- Provide support and insight to engineering design teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or and 3+ years related experience OR
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 1+ years related experience
- J1939 experience
- Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle telematics experiences.
- Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture
- Work experience in embedded software development using C/C++/C# or Python a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.