Senior Controls Engineers
Senior Controls EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
Utilize essential controls education background or work-related experiences strong time management, communication and critical thinking skills. Follow the directions of the supervisor efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progresses. Complete the tasks under the guidance on mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager. Strong motivation to learn new technologies and skills in controls fields.
- Responsible for advanced vehicle system controls research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
- Establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project.
- Responsible for developing control strategies in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools (such as ADAMS, AMSIM, Vedyna and Matlab/Simulink/Stateflow etc.) or hardware-in-the-loop simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced control development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Assist feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, timelines..) on proposed projects.
- Support proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced control development efforts.
- Provide support and insight to engineering design teams as needed based on expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 3-plus years related experience OR
- Master’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and 1-plus years related experience
- Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle control system experiences.
- Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture
- Work experience in Mathworks, dSPACE or Vector tools and Autosar Embedded software development experiences using C/C++/C# or Python a plus.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.