Senior Electrical Engineers (Battery Electronics)
Senior Electrical Engineers (Battery Electronics)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Electrical Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer — Battery Electronics is a part of our growing Advanced Development team within the Battery Electronics group. You will create best in class electronics for our battery lines by leading the design through electronics technology investigation/scoping against requirements to effectively and efficiently deliver to the NPD team for mass production launch.
- Design, prototype, test and troubleshoot embedded electronics hardware and firmware while providing guidance to junior engineers.
- Research and engage with prospective suppliers on selection of new technology including Lithium-Ion Battery Management ASICs, microcontrollers, Power Devices, and other analog and digital ICs.
- Provide expertise and engineering support on high complexity projects.
- Demonstrate Company’s culture of high performance and agility by independently creating Work Breakdown Structure for your work, driving to critical milestones, and giving candid communications up and down the organization on design progress and barrier removal.
- Lead the design activities including topology and component selection, schematic capture, PCB layout, prototype builds, firmware coding, and test plan development and execution.
- Use laboratory equipment to debug and develop your design with oscilloscopes, power supplies, electronic loads, spectrum analyzers, ESD/EMC, data acquisition systems, and analysis software.
- Design and qualify new designs to applicable regulatory standards such as UL, CEC, CE and ANSI.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in the Embedded Electronics design field including 16/32 bit microcontroller-based circuits for measurement and power control.
- Fundamental understanding of Lithium-Ion battery management strategies and circuits as well as familiarity with component vendors in that space.
- Demonstrated design experience in power management with ultra-low power embedded hardware and firmware implementations.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for analog and digital circuit layout, schematic capture, PCB layout software, and circuit simulation.
- Must have authored firmware from scratch for a successfully launched product.
- Proven ability to create a Work Breakdown Structure, drive to completion, and communicate progress and escalate barrier removal needs to management.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Previous PCBA design experience in the area of Lithium-Ion Battery circuits for high volume products.
- Knowledge of best practices for firmware development in C.
- Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and International).
We provide these great perks and benefits:
- Robust health, dental and vision insurance plans.
- Generous 401 (K) savings plan.
- Education assistance.
- On-site wellness, fitness center, food, and coffee service.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.