Senior Electrical Engineers
Senior Electrical EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Electrical Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
You will be responsible for performing engineering work of various types in the electrical/electromechanical design or re-design, and development of integrated systems into existing and new, standard, medium and heavy-duty trucks.
Work for our premier client who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with for a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including: Forbes 2017 America’s Best Large Employers. Glassdoor 2018 and 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for integration of electrical components and circuitry into vehicle designs
- Work with SAE, Federal DOT/FMVSS, State and Military Standards for design compliance
- Plan and direct engineering in a major project through all phases of innovation and development
- Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
- Work closely with other engineering groups
- Assist in feasibility studies and project estimates on proposed projects
- Support proposal development
- Performs or directs preparation of electrical/electromechanical layouts, models, component, drawings, specification, and bills of material
- Select parts and/or design components for cost and quality-conscious design to meet service applications
- Consult with suppliers, customers, & members of Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Assembly, Service, and Testing, Quality Control, and Marketing departments
- Follow project on the assembly floor through initial build and render assistance necessary to support manufacturing and industrial engineering efforts
- Utilize various state-of-the-art engineering tools, i.e. personal computer and CAD equipment
- Possess a strong electrical knowledge of vehicles, electrical theory, electrical component and related systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-plus years of experience working with truck/mobile equipment
- Relevant design experience with vehicle electrical systems
- Working knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of Creo/Windchill and ability to create solid models/drawings
- Experience using Creo Schematic/Parametric/Harness
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 262-439-7507. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page.