Senior Electronics Engineers
Senior Electronics EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Electronics Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Participate and lead other engineers in the design, validation, and troubleshooting of complex electrical and electronic systems for existing and new heavy-duty, off-highway, construction type vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage or lead projects and other team members where assigned to achieve specified goals
- Plan and direct relevant activities through all phases of innovation and development
- Assist in feasibility studies and estimates on proposed projects
- Direct preparation of layouts, drawings, specification, and bills of material
- Establish tasks and priorities for work delegated to others, including offshore resources
- Utilize strong design and troubleshooting knowledge of heavy-duty off-highway vehicle type electrical and electronic systems, including power distribution, controls circuitry, and CAN bus communication networks
- Utilize Creo 3D modeling software integrated with software such as Routed Systems Designer to manage or develop wiring schematics and harnesses
- Interrogate various regulations and standards for design compliance
- Select and design components for function, cost, reliability, and manufacturability
- Interact as necessary directly with suppliers
- Interact as necessary with various other engineering groups and disciplines within the organization
- Work closely with controls and software engineers and communicate associated design implications and requirements resulting from electrical systems design
- Utilize various tools such as multimeters and oscilloscopes, Vector Canalyzer and proprietary programming tools for design verification and interrogation
- Create and present training as required on relevant systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering or similar associated discipline
- Eight or more years of applicable industry engineering experience
- Working knowledge of hydraulic systems;
- Previous electrical / electronic design experience with off-highway or automotive vehicles
- Exposure to controls / software design used in vehicle systems
- Previous management experience
- Applicable industry organization membership / involvement
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.