Senior Electronics Test Engineers
Senior Electronics Test EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Electronics Test Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
The Senior Electronics Test Engineer will manage and lead the design, implementation and execution of electrical and electronics systems tests, test methods and procedures. You are responsible for identifying the proper equipment and methods as well as the engineering trends to drive strategies and Milwaukee Tool’s technical direction. You will work through the product development process in a team environment interacting with cross-functional stakeholders such as hardware, firmware, product development, and reliability engineers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a small size team of electrical engineering technicians in the prototyping, testing, and troubleshooting of electrical systems including but not limited to embedded systems and power electronics for a variety of projects.
- Lead the design and implementation of test plans/procedures and test cases for new products?and subsystems development.
- Design and develop automated systems for testing of new product development.
- Mentor and coach the team in engineering best practices including task management, Gantt charts, root cause analysis, instrumentation, test automation.
- Effectively communicate and motivate up, down and across the organization to a diverse range of technical and non-technical team members.
- Execute the building, testing, and programming of automated systems and fixtures.
- Experience with sensor/transducer selection and implementation to measure such elements as voltage, current, power, frequency, force, torque and velocity.
- Manage multiple projects to deliver new products to market on time.
- Introduce test processes and drive appropriate corrective actions.
- Review and thoroughly understand product function and design specifications.
- Maintain technical competency and remain current in technology.
- Ability to understand electrical documentation and schematics.
- Investigate the latest technologies in automation, data acquisition, and testing to ensure operational excellence.
- Support and maintain all test systems thru end of life.
- Quickly, effectively, and candidly frame-up and escalate business risks/opportunities to senior leadership.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar field.
- 8 years of experience in electrical and electronics test system development and automation.
- Experience in electrical and electronics test development, automation, data-acquisition, and fixture development.
- Experience in programming languages such as LabView, C++, C#, PLC’s.
- Knowledge of mechatronics incorporating and electrical components.
- Knowledge of test and measurement techniques, including sensor technology, signal conditioning, data acquisition and manufacturing test development.
- Experience in working with outsource vendors is a plus.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.