Senior Embedded Software Engineers
Senior Embedded Software EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Embedded Software Engineers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
In this role, you will design, implement and test high-quality vehicle control software. The team member must be able to write embedded C++ software to run on embedded platforms that controls various vehicle systems through network messaging and directly connected inputs and outputs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, object oriented C++ software Responsible for quality conscious design including cost and reliability
- Participate in peer reviews and other engineering activities
- Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks, and control them within acceptable levels
- Write requirements and design documentation Ability to travel off-site to support engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
- 3-plus years of related experience
- Current experience writing C++ software
- Knowledge of object oriented design, C++ templates, C++ exceptions and the STL
- Knowledge of UML
- Experience writing embedded applications on microcontrollers
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience working with CAN and the J1939 protocol
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and operate test equipment like multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2017
In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.