STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Engineering Managers in Madison Heights, Michigan.
Senior Engineering Managers provide responsibilities towards new product development, engineering process development, departmental budget control and engineering team development. Our ideal candidate will have experience driving positive change that supports defined strategic objectives. In addition, this role will work collaboratively with cross functional managers to monitor, coach and develop project teams and individuals on performance and culture-related topics.
This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity, available immediately!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and sustain a culture consistent with our Core Values, i.e. open & honest, positive attitude, respectful, customer centric, continuous improvement, data driven, learning, and teamwork
- Foster and promote full use of and involvement in DDMS, standardize and educate technical resources in the use of key NPD tools and processes (3P events, DFMEA, computer simulations, lab testing, winter validation etc.)
- Passionately lead and develop both direct, and indirect reports, creating process consistencies and synergies across functions and locations
- Promote open communication across all organization levels and functions, conduct appropriate, timely and effective forms of communication to the entire site team (plant-wide communication meetings, training sessions, targeted groups, emails, postings etc.)
- Directly support Business Unit staff in implementation, prioritization and execution of SQDC+G continuous improvement opportunities
- Promote good company relations within the community, work in collaboration with our public relations group on media contacts
- Ensure compliance to environmental / legal related site requirements, work with and/or escalate concerns to appropriate and responsible group
- Support VP of Engineering by providing advance notice, and possible solutions, to business anomalies
- Support the company’s deployed projects by appropriate resource alignment (both human and capital)
- Analyze and distill business information, internal and external, adjust department priorities to take advantage of opportunities and maximize profitability to meet or exceed supplier, customer and shareholder expectations
- Define and communicate simple, measureable, metrics to drive results expected, provide tools required to complete goals, hold self and team accountable to complete goals, administer corrective actions and discipline as appropriate
- Lead cross functional teams and coordinate activities with other functional areas to complete projects on time and within budget
- Promote a safe workplace and act in a safe manner at all times while proactively eliminating unsafe work conditions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience (customers, suppliers, employees)
- Past leadership positions with positive quantifiable new product development results
- Product development experience with a complex mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- Ability to identify and extrapolate complex business signals
- Results oriented approach
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 41711