Senior HR Generalists
Senior HR GeneralistsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior HR Generalists in Nashville, Tennessee.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
Supports Human Resources and over-all department in all major HR related areas, with focus on: training and development, HR reporting, compliance and process improvements as a well as employee relations, some recruiting, sourcing/selection, back up or as needed for orientation (in-doc) and monitoring of workers compensation/safety.
- Position will handle/manage any facility and/or state, federal reporting, have hands-on with employee benefits, workers compensation, FMLA & ADA
- Hands-on with any/all HR related topics and/or situations regarding employee engagement
- Front-line promoter/manager for facility internal Climate Survey process and action-items teams & plans
- Direct contact for Climate survey process, as well as employee engagement/activities surrounding it
- Advise Sr. leadership team and/or Project Manager, Asst. project Managers, Supervisors, ‘Lead’ and employees on company policies and procedures; as well as employee relations related issues/situations
- Establishes and develops a pro-active relationship and communication channels with management and employees of those departments regarding H.R. related topics
- Communicates and ensures compliance with various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws and Company programs
- Partners with management of assigned areas to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues, corrective action/coaching, benefit and payroll information, and any other areas of opportunity relating to Human Resources services and products
- Carries out various support activities for the department, such as: general filing and document organization, copies, distribution of material to the areas, events organization, research, etc. Participates in development and implementation of activities of HR Programs
- Prepares correspondence and personnel reports as needed/required
- Assists with coordination of employee activities and special events
- Responds to authorized requests for employment verifications
- Prepares documents, reports, forms, data input and general forms for HR activities, based on facility support/guidance. Includes daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as requested/needed
- Assists with any special projects as required/delegated
- Assist Compensation and Benefits department with payroll and/or benefits related support: medical/dental/vision/ 401 (k) etc. May include presentations and applicable knowledge of subject matter
- Assists with other Administrative duties as required as well as provide input on changes to personnel policy/procedure manuals etc.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), FMLA, TN workers compensation etc.
- Interview applicants (Behavioral format) to obtain information on work history, training, education and job skills; and conduct reference and criminal background checks on applicants – related directly to COMPANY and/or SIDA badges
- May also involve setting up interviews for other managers
- Develops, manages and implements employee HR-related action items/plans as needed
- Coordinates and monitors unemployment claims and represents COMPANY if needed
- Supports and performs HR-related training materials/sessions
- Performs receptionist duties as needed (back up)…answers facility phone and/or ‘night’ phone line and directs calls accordingly
- Active member of P3E cell and active member on QCPC team if needed
- Desired candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- Require a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Prefer 5 or more years’ experience in human resources in a generalist role dealing with several aspects of Human Resources, including benefits, recruiting, H.R. administration, analysis and reporting, and control of policies and procedures
- Human resources programs, activities, information systems, tools, techniques, and laws (ADA, FMLA, EEOC, FLSA, etc.)
- Benefits Administration and Payroll routines
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR related concepts and procedures
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prefer a strong administrative background and the ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Strong analytical skills; ability to multitask and prioritize numerous critical tasks
- Knowledge of iVantage, ADP a plus
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required; candidate MUST be able to work 2nd shift hours and/or weekend day(s) as scheduled by Director-HR
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.