Senior Logistics Specialists
Senior Logistics SpecialistsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Logistics Specialists in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
The Senior Logistics Specialist is integral to the design, development, and maintenance of the Oshkosh logistics system. Design of logistics routing, consolidating freight and providing system metrics are main responsivities of this role to support Oshkosh Corporation’s requirement. The Senior Logistics Specialist will be responsible for design of routings for both internal materials as well as finished goods; transportation market research and dissemination of information.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor routes/lane/shipments for compliance and conformance by service providers; lead internal stakeholders in compliance action plans.
- Communicate with carriers on performance and opportunities.
- Prospect new carriers, create and maintain strong working relationships with carriers.
- Lead development of Long-Term Agreements with key carrier partners.
- Peer leader in the development of requirements, process improvements, quote packages, data gathering, evaluation and analysis of bid packages.
- Lead negotiations with carriers in alignment with overall bid strategy.
- Understand the Oshkosh logistics freight system and how it connects with the business.
- Support the scheduling of shipments, either inbound or outbound (including expedites) where needed.
- Frequent review of market conditions, summarizing market intel and recommending execution.
- Bachelor’s degree with five (5) or more years of experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or a relative area.
- Logistics experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Occasional travel required; typically less than 25%.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.