Senior Manager of Quality (Manufacturing)
Senior Manager of Quality (Manufacturing)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Senior Manager of Quality in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
Looking to join an established company with the potential to grow your career? Then you have come to the right spot! We are looking for motivated team members with a growth mindset and senior level quality manufacturing experience.
As a Senior Quality Manager you will have a key leadership role in ensuring the highest standards of quality across the entire product lifecycle. You will develop and implement a total quality management system within McNeilus that fully integrates with the Oshkosh Operating System. This position is both strategic and operational, involving the day to day quality performance within Refuse and the responsibility for the long-term approach to product quality. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to lead a team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement systems and processes in conjunction with the Oshkosh Operating System that improve quality, increase customer satisfaction, and drive down cost of poor quality
- Participate as a key member of the Refuse leadership team by lending guidance and counsel on the strategic direction for quality within the business unit
- Apply lean and continuous improvement techniques to improve operational excellence and quality;
- Oversee total quality for Refuse products including product quality, process improvements, supplier quality, engineering quality, and operations to resolve quality related issues and drive quality improvements;
- Ensure the use of best practices through the integration of technology and information systems affecting value, reliability, quality and cost of products and services;
- Improve processes related to new product introductions, relocation of product manufacturing, launches of new manufacturing techniques and product components and changes in technology;
- Engage engineering, marketing, and other functions in new product and service development activities to ensure that customer specifications are clearly identified, agreed, and implemented at early stages;
- Establish policies and procedures based on ISO9001 standards
- Partner with Commercial Global Procurement and Supply Chain team to assure quality of purchased products and services from outside suppliers;
- Ensure operational quality metrics are established, reviewed, and action items are being executed to drive improvement;
- Create processes within Refuse to ensure that product or service performance is in conformance with customers’ expectations prior to market launch;
- Establish customer satisfaction metrics and analyze statistical data for the Refuse business unit
- Provide oversight on audits when required to respond to customer complaints and internal reports;
- Work directly with customers to identify issues, communicate findings, defining outcomes, and taking corrective actions that include preventative measures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 8 plus years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Master’s degree in Business Administration.
- Quality Management certification & Six Sigma certification
- Proven ability to create and execute an effective strategy/plan to significantly improve quality processes and product quality
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable processes from scratch in a startup or new location, ideally in an operations intensive environment
- Expertise in managing world class total quality management with proven record of quality measures improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to develop a consensus and drive all business units and functions to achieve quality goals
- Exceptional skills in: leadership, consulting/coaching, analytical and problem solving, and strong business acumen
- Proven record in implementation of ISO9001 standards
- Day 1 eligibility for medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Looking to further your education?
- We offer up to $10,000 each year for tuition reimbursement so you can pursue your degree (Associates, Bachelor or Advance Graduate Degree Programs)
- 401k plan with company match, $.50 for every dollar up to the first 6%
- Company bonus plan, company paid life, short and long-term disability plans
- Health Saving Account (HSA) with company contribution
- Many, many more!
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.