Senior Manufacturing Engineers
Senior Manufacturing EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Manufacturing Engineers in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Responsible for all detailed processes in connection with manufacturing, routings, time studies. Review new releases for design and manufacturing. Assist with recommendations for new equipment and tooling. Provide shop support to aid in improving the coordination and collaboration between departments and teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage various projects in Lean, Six Sigma, and Quality
- Lead, supervise and mentor individuals and teams in projects. Utilize Lean/Six Sigma principles and methodologies in making process improvements
- Participate in safety meetings; investigate root cause & corrective actions for safety incidents
- Incorporate ergonomics into safety, productivity and performance
- Write assembly work processes and man assignment procedures
- Determine appropriate assembly fixturing
- Review and select required special tooling and equipment
- Plan, schedule and prioritize to meet established deadlines
- Determine and improve processes to meet production levels
- Collaborate with production and other teams by attending scheduled meetings to ensure timely improvements on processes
- Assist with recommendations for new equipment and tooling
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering or related field
- 3-plus years related experience
- Previous experience in a heavy manufacturing environment with a high operational tempo
- Previous experience implementing and leading capital projects
- Previous experience or knowledge of robotics and/or automation
- Certified in Lean, Six Sigma, and/or Project Management methodologies
- Working knowledge of Catia V5 or Solid Works
- Understanding of GD&T
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Manufacturing knowledge in assembly, fabrication, machining, or welding
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.