Senior Manufacturing Supervisors (3rd Shift)
Senior Manufacturing Supervisors (3rd Shift)STS
STS Technical Services
Coordinates and supports bargaining unit employees in rotation groups with team leaders in the manufacturing, assembly, fabrication, distribution, and/or development of motorcycles or motorcycle component parts. Supports rotation groups to achieve department metrics for safety, quality, delivery, cost and sustainability. Provides resources, tools, and direction needed for the value adders to be as effective and efficient as possible. Fosters a culture and workforce that is motivated for continuous improvement and provides guidance and assistance to peers and others supervisors.
- Meets production schedules while executing manpower planning.
- Communicates and proactively works with union stewards to get their input and prevent and/or resolve issues early.
- Provides counsel to other supervisors and assists in troubleshooting production issues to ensure delivery targets and production schedules are met and/or exceeded.
- Provides direction to a department on a shift and administers disciplinary actions.
- Performs layered audits and prevents passing defects to the next group.
- Sets the stage for the day (i.e. schedule changes, previous shift performance, quality issues, etc)
- Provides feedback to the team members to ensure good quality throughout the group.
- Ensures standardized work and process discipline are followed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Operations Management, Manufacturing Technology or related field Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Prior experience working in a front line leadership role in a unionized high-volume production or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and/or experience advising high performance work groups and experience with implementation and monitoring Statistical Process Control systems, ISO9007 processes, and an ability to jointly lead work groups with union leadership.
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives positively impacting the business and/or day-to-day site operations.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.