STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Software & Control Development Engineers (Power Electronics) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
The purpose of this position is to supplement the Power Electronics development team and provide the knowledge and experience of power electronics software and controls development with extensive experience in utilizing embedded controllers in the control of power electronic products in the power range up to 250kw and voltages up to 1000 volts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform the development of the control specification including a functional block diagram, the code and control development to meet the specification, the test plan documentation for validation of the control and the user documentation in the new product development area of power electronics
- BS Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ combination of knowledge and experience in power electronics control methods is essential; 10-15 years’ are preferred
- Strong coding skills in C and C++
- Fluent and experienced in power electronics control concepts for dc/dc, dc/ac grid interactive and dc/ac grid independent
- Embedded controls architecture and coding
- Familiarity with NEC, IEC, UL, and CSA regulatory standards
- Fluent and experience in power electronic development processes and documentation.
- Fluent and experience in hands on power electronics test
- Fluent and experience with Power Electronic control feedbacks including accuracies, hardware methods for feedback
- Fluent and experience in application of power electronic products and sequence of controls for different applications
- Fluent and experience in battery, renewable energy and conventional generation control schemes within power electronics
- Fluent and experience in leading others on a team in this design effort
- Fluent and experience in conducting control and software design reviews in a diverse group including code reviews and methods of conducting reviews
- Experience in having full owner ship of the software and control design
- Technical writing and instructions to document for other areas of the design/test team as well as the users of the developed control
- Task and deadline oriented, self-starter/driven, leadership
- Ability to establish plans for aggressive schedules and drive to meet deadlines
STS Technical Services is the leading provider of technical, professional, and industrial workforce solutions for the commercial, industrial, and defense markets. From mining to manufacturing, defense to transportation, engineering to maintenance, our services encompass the total life-cycle of a product; strategically designed to keep our clients engineering, manufacturing, operating and maintaining. For nearly 40 years we have provided contract and direct positions with the finest companies in America, with opportunities in your local region, nationwide, and around the world.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
If you have questions, please contact an STS Recruiter at 1-800-447-0515. Otherwise, all interested applicants are encouraged to apply directly on this page. Thanks, and best of luck!
Job ID: 41702