Senior Software Engineers
Senior Software EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Software Engineers in Hagerstown, Maryland.
Work for our premier client, who is a leader in their industry. This is a great opportunity to grow with a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company who has won numerous awards including; Glassdoor 2019 Best Places to Work, and 2019 & 2020 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
As a Senior Software Engineer at JLG you will design, implement and test high-quality vehicle control software. You’ll be an integral member of the team, writing embedded C++ software to run on embedded platforms that control various vehicle systems through network messaging and directly connected inputs and outputs. You’ll have the opportunity to be on several leading technology projects and will be responsible for peer reviewing their own and others software.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ability to write high quality, maintainable, object oriented C++ software
- Responsible for quality conscious design including cost and reliability
- Participate in peer reviews, estimation, and other engineering activities
- Follow defined CMMI level 3 procedures in the writing of software
- Use reasonable foresight to identify vehicle operation and maintenance risks, and control them within acceptable levels
- Write requirements and design documentation
- Ability to travel off-site to support engineering projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 3-plus years related experience
- Current experience writing C++ software
- Knowledge of object oriented design, C++ templates, C++ exceptions and the STL
- Knowledge of UML
- Experience writing embedded applications on microcontrollers
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Experience working with CAN and the J1939 protocol
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics and operate test equipment like multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
Why Should You Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 262-439-7507.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.