STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Supervisors in Kewaunee, Wisconsin.
Hiring Note: This is a 2nd-shift position.
Direct and coordinate all activities related to second shift operations at the Kewaunee Fabrication plant. Lead plant personnel in a professional manner toward achieving company performance goals for schedules, quality, safety, labor and indirect supplies. Develop effective communications and a positive working relationship with all supervisors, shop employees and the support groups to assure positive teamwork. Strive for continuous improvement in all functions and capacities. Effectively communicate company objectives to all employees. Supervise activity in a professional manner. Always be aware of the production requirements as set by the Production Scheduling Department and the Director, Manufacturing to achieve the schedule.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promote an effective and efficient operations plan for the completion of products for which he/she has accountability and utilizing support areas as needed
- Assist in the selection of, and perform the function of training, evaluating, motivating, and guiding subordinates to achieve short-and long range goals of the company
- Assist in the planning of budgets, labor forecasts and capital expenditures for the purpose of short-and long-range production planning for manufacturing operations
- Manage and operate the plant in such a manner as to meet scheduled delivery dates using a minimum amount of work-in-process time
- Assist in the maintenance of budgeted labor and overtime goals for direct and indirect labor within the plant
- Insure that proper safety practices are followed, monitored and enforced
- Keep current with the latest human resource changes and practices. Particularly as this relates to the hiring, training, and discipline of personnel
- Insure that company requirements for employee behavior are followed and to work with his/her managers to assure that corrections are made as needed
- Maintain a positive atmosphere for customers and assure their needs are met within the plant
- Assure an understanding of expectations for all internal and external customers and assure all products made meet these expectations
- Maintain an atmosphere of continual improvement of productivity, quality, safety in all operations and promote good housekeeping practices
- Establish effective communications and consistent work methods between all shifts and support areas
- Continue personal growth through classes and/or seminars of interest
- Assure that all machinery, tools and tooling within the area of control are properly maintained and repaired
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of ISO-9001 standards into manufacturing
- Associate’s Degree in Operations Management or related field or commensurate experience.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management or related fields
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows Word, and Excel, Lotus Notes Email, and JD Edwards
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to be able to flex to support various shifts throughout the organization i.e 3rd shift backup as needed
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 517-242-6982.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.