Senior Systems Analysts
Senior Systems AnalystsSTS
STS Technical Services
The Senior Systems Analyst (Developer) will enhance business capabilities through the development of applications and solutions, while providing day-to-day support. This role will work with other team members (IT, Project Managers, Software Engineers and Cybersecurity Analysts) to effectively build new applications and solutions. The role will ensure applications and solutions are stable, reliable, and scalable. The role is also responsible for verifying production applications are operating at optimal levels in addition to quickly and accurately correcting production issues as needed.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for translating functional requirements into system and software requirements.
- Design, implement (program, install and/or configure), and maintain applications and solutions based on the associated requirements, and standards.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring of Development Team Members on troubleshooting techniques and technical inquiries.
- Provide support for the business day-to-day production by responding promptly and professionally to all production incidents.
- Support implementation of applications and solutions through system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Understand and build technical designs that meet the development standards of Technical Architect direction.
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Develop solutions within the expected scope, budget, and timeline.
- Follow a CMMI Level 3 process for developing and maintaining software and solutions.
- Document solutions through appropriate diagrams, code comments and other associated documents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Software Development, Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems, and software.
- Understanding of object-oriented programming and software development.
- Experience in information system implementation and change efforts.
- Experience working with software design principals.
- Ability to develop software and solutions based on functional requirements.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Ability to provide technical support and leadership.
- Experience and proficiency with various software development applications including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, CI/CD tools, static analysis tools and software composition analysis tools.
- Familiarity with software development using formal project methodology such as a CMMI defined processes.
- Familiarity with installation and management of databases on Linux such as PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with REST and SOAP APIs and implementing software to communicate over them.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.