Senior Thermal Systems Engineers
Senior Thermal Systems EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Thermal Systems Engineers in Oshkosh, Wisconsin.
Our client opportunity for a Thermal Engineer working in our Powertrain team located in Oshkosh, Wisconsin. This senior-level position supports the engineering staff in the analysis, design, and optimization of thermal systems, including electric vehicle thermal management systems, Cab HVAC systems, and ICE cooling systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and optimization of the vehicle’s thermal architecture
- Size and optimize thermal components such as compressors, heat exchangers, lines / hoses, pumps, valves, hoses, etc. to meet vehicle performance requirements
- Collaborate with testing and validation engineers to develop validation test plans for thermal components to meet performance requirements
- Work with suppliers to ensure that all thermal components meet design requirements
- Coordinate with controls team to implement thermal control strategies
- Evaluate test data to validate components and systems against design requirements and objectives
- Apply technical knowledge to analyze, investigate, and resolve thermal system problems
- Provide technical leadership to projects to ensure the appropriate analysis is performed
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 6 or more years’ experience in vehicle thermal systems analysis and design
- Excellent understanding of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, and heat transfer
- Working knowledge of thermal system hardware such as valves, regulators, heat exchangers, pumps, and compressors
- Working knowledge of vehicle HVAC systems
- Working knowledge of electrified powertrains
- Some experience with thermal system model creation, simulation, and analysis preferred but not required
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.