Senior Tooling Inspectors
Senior Tooling InspectorsSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Tooling Inspectors in Savannah, Georgia.
- Under limited supervision, performs inspection duties and assists other tooling inspectors in general and technical aspects of Quality Control in a specified area of tooling inspection.
- Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepares inspection documentation and maintains files as required.
- Ensures current engineering revisions are incorporated per established procedures.
- Performs periodic inspections to ensure compliance per FAA requirements and approved quality procedures.
- Creates Model Base inspection processes using CATIA model based tool designs that can be used for both fabrication and rework of tools by the tool shop personnel.
- Analyzes data using Metrologic inspection software and create electronic quality folders in SmarTeam to store inspection data for all model based tooling.
- Promotes and maintains quality standards and processes.
- Works with tooling suppliers to ensure the inspection data is correct and in the proper format on all in coming tools.
- Makes recommendations to Tooling Management on continuous improvements in the tooling inspection area.
- Ensures proper use and storage of area tools, equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must be proficient in blueprint reading/interpretation, shop math, and quality control manual as required.
- Eight (8) years technically related experience to include at least six (6) years related inspection experience.
- Laser tracker and / or CMM experience preferred.
- Theodolite experience not required.
- Metrolog software experience preferred but any experience with 3D inspection software acceptable (i.e. Verisurf, Spatial Analyzer, Polyworks, etc.).
- Ability to import and export inspection data in many different formats (Word, Excel, PDF, etc.).
- Model Base systems (Cadam, Catia V4, Catia V5) experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of inspection tools and equipment.
- Must be proficient in use of conventional optical measurement equipment.
- Must be competent with theodolite and laser tracker systems.
- Ability to recognize potential problems with drawings and elevate to management.
- Must be competent with coordinate measurement machines (CMM).
- Must be competent with electronic tool record keeping system.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds & pass the vision test as required by area job responsibilities.
- Must have good communication skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.