Senior Voice Engineers (Remote Work)
Senior Voice Engineers (Remote Work)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Senior Voice Engineers for remote work. Candidates can be based from anywhere in the United States.
This position will be responsible for service delivery and project deliverables within the global infrastructure environment. This role will identify gaps, needs, and lead improvement efforts to improve service delivery in voice and video platforms. This role will be considered a subject matter expert (SME) in one or more key technologies under the infrastructure domain. It is expected that this role will operate independently, solve complex problems, and fulfill requests with minimal supervision.
As a Senior Voice and Video Technical Analyst, you will be tasked to provide engineering services, participate in the implementation design sessions for large multi-cluster Unified Communication environment, monitor and troubleshoot those issues that may impact the environment.
Within the technical analyst roles, team members will interact with a wide variety of departments and technical teams with a focus on voice and video, which will include:
- Data Network
- Voice Network
- Application Platforms
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Advanced administration, configuration, implementation, operation and maintenance of Cisco VoIP and Messaging platforms.
- Administration and maintenance of Cisco Call Center (UCCX) based telephony and application infrastructure.
- Tier 3 troubleshooting skills, including voice quality and network QoS.
- Resolving complex incidents and problems.
- Working with Telecom providers and 3rd party hardware/software maintenance vendors.
- Support of 24×7 business critical voice platforms and users.
- Responsible for supporting ongoing medium to high complexity maintenance, Run-the-Business (RTB) support, and Incident Service Requests of the assigned global voice and video infrastructure area.
- Provide voice and video solutions for both RTB and project efforts of medium to high complexity.
- Serve as a voice and video project resource on application and infrastructure project efforts representing functional capabilities.
- Assist with gathering requirements, creating recommendations, and implementing voice and video solutions to meet the project requirements.
- Provide knowledge sharing, as recognized voice and video SME, in efforts such as writing complex knowledge articles, relationship development with other Information Technology (IT) staff, mentoring, and job shadowing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Information Technology, or in a related area.
- Five (5) or more years of experience providing voice operations support services in a mid to large size organization supporting a variety of vendor platforms and technologies.
- Advanced ability to implement, configure, operate, and administer Cisco based VoIP Voice and Messaging platforms which include Cisco Unified Communication Manager, Unity Unified Messaging, Gateways (CUBE, SIP, H323, and CME), Jabber, and Softphone.
- Advanced knowledge of Telco services (PRI, DID, POTS, SIP Trunks).
- Understanding of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols including SIP, LAN, WAN, VLAN.
- Understanding QoS best practices and support.
- Cisco CCNA certification.
- Cisco CCNP Collaboration certification.
- Experience with Avaya CM, SME, and Contact Center.
- Experience with Cisco VCS/Expressway configuration and administration.
- Experience with Singlewire Informacast
- Knowledge and experience using a ServiceNow ITSM incident ticket management system for incident and Change Management.
- Information Technology experience within the manufacturing industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional follow through and attention to detail.
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills, able to multi-task and prioritize competing requirements and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where requirements are constantly changing.
- Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
- Physical Demands: Frequent Sitting, Hearing, Talking, Visual, Typing, Manual Dexterity; Seldom Standing, Walking/Running, Reaching, Driving, Bending/Kneeling, Fine Dexterity, Upper Extremity Repetitive Motion, and Lifting/Carrying and Pushing/Pulling up to 40lbs.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019 & 2020
- In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787 ext. 8513.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.