Service Center Repairman
Service Center RepairmanSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Service Center Repairmen in Inglewood, California.
- Perform testing/troubleshooting/repair of FAA approved active temperature controlled containers using approved technical data.
- Deliver containers clean and free from defects that would affect operation and/or performance.
- Responds to technical assistance requests from customers in the area.
- Provide training and demonstrations of the company FAA approved Active Systems in the area.
- Document all work performed using CATS and company WO system.
- Monitor stock of spare parts.
- Pick up and drop off RKNs from/to customers.
- Maintain repair facility in a clean, safe and operation condition.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 18 months work experience in similar/related field
- Knowledge of and experience in the maintenance of aerospace type equipment preferred
- HVAC experience preferred
- Experience with electrical test equipment
- Relative experience in a mechanical or technical field preferred
- Prior forklift experience preferred
- Strong Mechanical aptitude Required
- Highly motivated, self-starter, quick learner, works well alone
- Seasoned computer skills (Microsoft office, internet, email, etc)
- Must demonstrate flexibility and a can -do attitude.
- Knowledge working under FAA regulatory type requirements and practices would be preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Must possess analytical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Must be thorough and exercise attention to detail.
- Must be able to set and maintain schedules.
- Ability to manage constantly changing workload while meeting deadlines.
- Professional demeanor, tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain good relationships with internal/external customers under stressful conditions.
- Organizational skills; able to balance multiple priorities.
- Strong team player. Physical Demands:
- Walking, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, fingering, grasping.
- Able to seat or stand for extended periods of time on concrete floor
- Able to lift 40 lbs regularly and up to 75 lbs with assistance.
- Plant/Service Center environment, some travel (typically less than 10%).
- Some overtime during weekdays and weekends may be required, based on customer requirements. Carry, finger, grasp, talk, hear, walk, see, sit, stand, keyboard, answer, interview, use keyboard, telephone. Work Environment:
- Office and container maintenance environment, some travel (typically 10%)
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.