Service TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Service Technicians in San Francisco, California.
We are is looking for an entry-level vehicle technician, in a contractor capacity, to help us maintain, repair and retrofit our fleet of Autonomous Vehicles. In this position, you will collaborate with teams who will help train and guide you – with the goal of maximizing the fleet utilization rate. If you’re interested in growing your knowledge and experience in the autonomous vehicle industry, this is the job for you!
You should have strong attention to detail, basic technical skills, and an excellent driving record. Integrity, good judgment, and the ability to work in a team environment are required at all times. You will be expected to keep certain project details confidential.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting technician team with service and repair of electrical, mechanical, and integration issues on autonomous vehicles and their equipment
- Following processes and document potential improvements and issues
- Creating repair orders stating the diagnosis, procedure performed, and parts required
- Working with technicians and operations team to optimize scheduling process for vehicle repairs
- Proactively communicating key field insights related to vehicle issues to headquarters and stay up-to-date on current policies and procedures
- Performing work with safety being top priority
- Participating in continuing education and training
- Assisting with fleetwide hardware and software updates
- Performing general automotive repairs including component replacement using basic hand tools (eg. screwdrivers, ratchets, electric impact tools to remove fasteners) Components could weigh up to 50 pounds.
- May occasionally drive AVs manually on public or Company private property
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed, including those in support of delivery and other community support and/or pilots
You Must Have the Ability to:
- You have hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact.
- You are a solid communicator – need to work well with AVTOs, Technicians, Engineers
- You are a quick learner who is open to feedback
- You have shown a strong aptitude to pick-up new technology
- You have a proven track record of emphasizing safety, quality of work, and technical aptitude
- Prioritize safety and maintain a safety-first mindset, while following all safe work practices and policies
- Satisfy the following MVR requirements:
- SF: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for the three years immediately preceding your application, currently holding an active California Basic Class C driver’s license or license encompassing Class C vehicles, and no more than one point on driving record
- PHX: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for three years, currently holding an active Arizona Operator License Class D or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record.
- AUS: Licensed to drive a motor vehicle in the U.S. for three years, currently holding an active Texas Class C Non-Commercial Driver License or equivalent, and no more than one point on driving record.
- Successfully complete a background check, drug screen, and DMV Motor Vehicle Record check
- Accurately type and read on a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Ability to give and receive clear, prompt, understandable verbal and written communication
- Safely operate the AV in accordance with Company safety protocols and applicable law. This includes, but is not limited to, having a sufficient range of motion to frequently turn a steering wheel, operate the accelerator and brake, check blind spots and evaluate the environment, and maintaining appropriate air bag clearance.
- Regularly perform physical work including, but not limited to, stooping, lifting, and moving up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, including interacting with the public
- High attention to detail
The above physical demands describe the general nature of work being performed of the role, and are not intended to be an exhaustive list.
- Experience with sensors, calibration, and/or the automotive repair field
- GM automotive experience
- You may be required to work nights and/or weekends
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.