Service TechniciansSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Service Technicians in Savannah, Georgia.
TICO is an equipment solutions company that has been in business since 1946. TICO manufactures, owns, and operates a fleet of over 1500 terminal tractors (jockey trucks) and trailers deployed in major U.S. ports. TICO maintains an on port operation where we service, maintain, and dispatch our own equipment as well as customer equipment.
We are looking for a highly motivated and customer service oriented Service Technician to ensure prompt response time and service to a dedicated customer at our Savannah, GA location. Currently we have schedules available across all shifts.
A Service Technician ensures terminal tractors and trucks/equipment are serviced according to company standards in order to provide leased equipment that is optimally functional, clean, and void of all safety related defects and operational in all respects. This technician works out of a satellite yard at the customer’s site to service and maintain their dedicated terminal tractors. These responsibilities are completed by utilizing the following:
- Hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments.
- Power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, pumps, jacks, and hoists. (Provided by TICO)
- Specialized mobile recovery and service equipment.
- Assisting in servicing and setting up equipment to dispatch to customer.
- Coordinating and safely executing a smooth equipment dispatch by self and/or with a small team
- Add oil, coolant, hydraulic and transmission fluids as needed.
- Performing regular inspections of equipment to identify safety, compliance, damage, and maintenance-related defects.
- Replace solid and pneumatic tires as needed.
- Clean inside and outside of equipment regularly in order to maintain neat appearance of leased fleet.
- Utilizing checklists and TICO service procedures to provide safe and optimally functioning equipment for customer operation.
- Servicing, maintaining, and keeping support equipment clean and organized.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Recovering disabled equipment
- Diagnoses and completes less complex repairs to terminal tractors and components at the customer’s site.
- Referring more complex repairs to the TICO maintenance shop using the T.O.S./S.R.I.N. reporting system.
- Escalates unresolved issues to more experienced Field Service Technicians and/or Operations Manager.
- Immediately reporting damaged equipment and accidents to the Operations Manager.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the TICO Terminal Tractor and other TICO owned and leased equipment.
- Engages customers in a courteous and professional manner. Anticipates and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Documenting work hours, vehicle/equipment rental hours, parts utilized, and work performed.
- Complying with all company/customer/procedures to maintain a safe, clean and safe work environment and reporting any issues to Operations Manager.
- Wear required personal protective equipment at all times during the performance of job duties and onsite.
- Completing all other daily tasks assigned by the Operations Manager and any other duties and responsibilities that may arise.
- Must have mechanical/electrical troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work well in teams
- Must be self motivated
- Must have or be able to provide own basic hand tools
- Must be able to spend 2 – 3 weeks on 1st shift for training, regardless of shift preference.
- Experience with operating jockey trucks, fuel trucks, and industrial equipment is a plus
- Clean motor vehicle record
- Valid drivers’ license
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC card
- A resume must be submitted with application
About STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.