Sheet Metal Technicians
Sheet Metal TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sheet Metal Technicians at Edwards Air Force Base in California.
- Read and interpret F-22 engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes – Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders. Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales. Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches – Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate, exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained; completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods; verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs; removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes. Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
- Record data and procedural information for future use by others. Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations. Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- These positions are mostly working modification and some LO restore.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years’ experience in fighter aircraft maintenance.
- Corrosion control, painting, coating is now required.
- F-22 experience is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of Tool Control, FOD, Supply, HAZMAT, Training, Quality, and Security programs.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, work overhead, perform repetitive movements, and talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or push or pull up to 20 pounds and frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.