Sheet Metal Technicians
Sheet Metal TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sheet Metal Technicians in Nellis Air Force Base, Nevada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret aircraft engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown on engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Utilizes tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, drill press, and pneumatic riveter.
- Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- Use shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Bonding of aircraft parts, assemblies and materials on complete and incomplete aircraft where methods and operational sequences are not established, complete information is not readily available, and tooling is not provided or is inadequate
- Exercising a complete knowledge of bonding practices, procedures, makes layouts and locates parts and material for exacting fit where critical surface contours, edge distances or coordinated dimensions must be established and maintained; completes all bonding operations exercising ingenuity in determining the most efficient fabrication and assembly methods
- Verifies application/condition of installed materials for conformity to specifications and determines material and time required to perform repairs; removes, takes corrective action and makes reinstallations where design and modification changes.
- Sets up and operates various types of material testers and mixers.
- Record data and procedural information for future use by others. Improvises shop aids to facilitate fabrication, application or assembly operations.
- Fabricates shims, brackets and plates as required and performs assembly operations such as trimming, filing, drilling, riveting, reforming and fitting of parts and details, and removing burrs or other surface imperfections as required.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
- These positions are mostly working modification and some LO restore
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.
If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS AeroStaff Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.