Shippers / Receivers
Shippers / ReceiversSTS Technincal Services
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Shippers / Receivers in Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin.
Are you looking to join a strong and stable company where you have the challenge that lets you learn and grow your career? If yes, then this may be a great place for you!
Our client is seeking a Shipper/Receiver to work in our Racine location. This is a full time opportunity with benefits. Join a team that makes a visible impact.
NOW OFFERING $500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
This position is responsible for ensuring customer orders are packaged and shipped accurately and on-time, by exercising initiative and independent judgment in the performance of assigned tasks, by performing the following duties.
Major Job Duties/Accountability:
- Responsible for pre-packaging and/or final packaging of customer orders.
- Verifies part numbers, quantities, and backorders to accurately process orders using appropriate computer software.
- Uses appropriate packaging materials to ensure all products/parts are properly packaged to prevent damage and/or loss.
- Verifies packing lists, purchase orders, Bill of Ladings or other documents to determine priorities, accuracies, and shipping methods required to meet shipping schedules and/or customer requirements.
- The shipper functions as a liaison between the shipping staff, internal departments, and freight forwarders to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders. Arranges transportation schedules with carriers.
- Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies proper personnel for maintenance when needed.
- Periodically loads/unloads freight and/or packages from delivery/ pickup vehicles.
- Perform pickups of finished product or parts for transport to the shipping department.
- Maintains an organized layout and safe work environment. Replenishes shipping materials.
- Performs related duties as assigned by the Distribution Supervisor or Manager.
- 0-1 years of experience
- High School Degree
- Up to 2 years of formal post-high school specialized trade, technical school or college
Depending on assigned department must be able to meet the following physical requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform a forward bending and dexterity test
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.