Shipping Coordinators / Repair Technicians
Shipping Coordinators / Repair TechniciansSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Shipping Coordinators / Repair Technicians in Hayward, California.
The primary duty of the Repair Technician/Shipping Coordinator will be to perform shipping and receiving responsibilities and repair and/or service work of tool products in accordance with prescribed procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Shipping / Receiving:
- Perform a variety of shipping and receiving duties in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Receive and record units, parts and accessories ordered or returned for repair, service and/or stock.
- Visually inspect goods received and route for storage, repair and/or service.
- Fill and pack orders and repairs for shipment to customers; prepare shipping documents and determine shipping charges.
- Load and unload trucks and operate material handling equipment.
Service / Repair:
- Work involves disassembly of units, diagnosis of operating difficulty, location and replacement of worn or defective parts within times in accordance with work instructions.
- Perform prescribed inspections and make decisions as to feasibility of repairs.
- Keep records of parts used and provide data for billing and/or warranty information.
- Recognize and report operational irregularities and defective materials.
- Set-up and perform electrical and mechanical tests to insure product’s repair and/or work performed is in conformance with prescribed quality standards.
- Work from parts sheets, specifications and drawings.
- Assist with sales and service counter duties; draw parts from stock as needed to service counter trade; maintain monetary transactions; record maintenance and assist with inventories as required.
- Assist in performing counter procedures including answering phones, placing orders, logging in tools, and assisting walk-in customer traffic.
- Responsible for quality of work, safety and housekeeping in area assigned.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Requires an education equivalent to high school diploma or GED.
- One to two years of previous experience in electrical and/or mechanical repair is preferred.
- Experience of two to three years in a customer service position is preferred.
- At least one year experience in a similar position to become familiar with shipping, receiving, and counter procedures is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to maneuver heavy material, weighing up to 300 lbs.
- Must possess effective business communication skills and ability to understand local branch market.
- Must be proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office applications.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.