Software Airworthiness Engineers
Software Airworthiness EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Software Airworthiness Engineers in Fort Worth, Texas.
The Software Airworthiness Engineer for FARA, in close collaboration with systems design IPTs; is responsible for Interface with systems and software development personnel, test and evaluation personnel, and project managers.
- Review and approve software, software tool qualification, and Complex Electronic Hardware (CEH) requirements, design and test documentation for compliance to process requirements and standards.
- Participate/interface with the engineering counterparts on program activities to assure processes and products are compliant to contractual and company process requirements and standards.
- Evaluates Software and CEH Documentation to ensure specification requirements have been properly addressed.
- Performs evaluations of the software and CEH engineering practices to assure contractual compliance and adherence to the Software Development Plans.
- Evaluates Software and CEH Qualification Test plans, descriptions, procedures, and reports.
- Reviews and approves software and CEH suppliers work to ensure contractual compliance, technical, and process activities during software development for produced software and CEH artifacts.
- BS degree required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Min. of 4-6 years directly related work experience w/ aerospace/defense industry software processes (such as RTCA DO-178, RTCA DO-254, SAE ARP-4754, MIL-STD-498, etc.)
- Experience with government customers projects preferred.
- Experience with FAA projects preferred.
- Experience with Airworthiness Authority Liaison preferred.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of audit techniques.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of software development methods and software testing methods.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of CEH development methods and software testing methods.
- Ability to interpret schematic drawings, specifications, contracts that will enable development and review of systems & software processes.
- Experience in software and CEH requirements development.
- Software design & coding (C/C++, Ada, or other embedded programming languages)
- Programmable Logic Device development (PGA, FPGA, etc.) preferred.
- Embedded software/hardware verification background or knowledge
- Proficient skill level with Microsoft Office applications
- Proven self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Passion for planning and executing qualification programs that creatively & effectively address all requirements from first flight to entry-to-service.
- Passion for collaborating with peer engineers and program leaders to achieve collective success through comradery and compromise.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.