Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Software Engineers in Melbourne, Florida.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work on control and communications systems for state-of-the-art Infrared based vision products that are critical components for various existing surveillance and targeting systems.
- The software runs on higher-end embedded processors, or integrated processor/FPGA devices residing on complex circuit cards designed by in-house electrical engineering teams.
- The software is generally “C” code running either bare-metal or within an RTOS, and includes boot-up, BIT, control code, peripheral drivers, and communications, including 1553, Ethernet, and PCI.
- Participate in the full life cycle of product development including requirements gathering; project estimating, architecture, design, coding, release, testing, manufacturing and field support.
- Participate in peer reviews, design discussions, and looked upon to recommend solutions, achieve engineering buy-in and follow up by executing and integrating your design on schedule.
- Document your designs as specified by client and program requirements and follow development processes.
- May be called upon to participate in the preparation of complex and significant proposals.
- Provide technical expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel.
- Interact with technical management, other professionals, technicians and support personnel to coordinate, recommend and confer regarding technical activities and progress.
- Mentor and coach the work of others as assigned.
- BS or MS in Computer Science / Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 6+ years of embedded software development with a strong acumen for working at the processor and hardware level.
- Ability to read schematics and to influence and debug HW designs during the hardware and software development process.
- Significant experience in “C” or “C++” and Real Time OS is required. C++, ADA, Web, Prototyping, Validation, and Scripting languages are nice to have.
- Previous experience with some of the following: Xilinx Zynq, ARM Cortex, Smart Fusion, SOCs such as MSP430s, PICs, Power PC, or even Intel Architecture.
- Knowledge of FPGA development and developing SW that works in conjunction with FPGA designs is a plus.
- Strong debugging skills resulting from your mastery of both the HW, FW, and SW running on the system, and understanding how they interact with each other.
- Experience working with embedded development kits BSPs, and SDKs.
- Experience helping with board bring-up, and using your code and the usual lab tools to assist with solving HW problems.
- Device Driver Development.
- Knowledge of communicating with and operating UART, SPI, & I2C devices is required.
- Knowledge of Software Security Hardening, Trusted Computing / TPM, Digital signing of releases, secure booting, and STIG analysis is a big plus.
- Familiarity with GIT, JIRA, Subversion (or some other similar CM tools).
- Experience with PC systems and using them with the Microsoft Office suite for daily activities.
- Must be a motivated, self-starter with the ability to either work on your own, or work well in a team environment.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.