Software Engineers (Combat Vehicle Systems)
Software Engineers (Combat Vehicle Systems)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Software Engineers in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
Responsible for the design, architecture, development and integration of complex military combat vehicle software based systems.
- Develop vehicle software
- Requirements analysis and decomposition
- Research and analyze solutions to meet customer requirements
- Develop vehicle software and cybersecurity
- Perform trade studies to compare alternative approaches
- Integration of military lethality, survivability and C5ISR systems
- Develop software requirement specs, algorithms, logic flow-charts / activity diagrams, leverage SysML Modeling and Simulation input
- Familiarity with software configuration and integration of new drivers, apps and kernel modules (knowledge of Git, Yocto, …)
- Support of FPGA and SoC designs using design tools
- Support prototype development and test
- Support system integration lab development
- Perform analytical analysis and simulations to evaluate system performance
- Support proposal activities
- Interact with external customers and suppliers
- Component/Vehicle test support
- Understand/create test requirements
- Create/review test plans
- Monitor/analyze test results
- Troubleshoot issues and perform corrective action
- Support concurrent engineering, SIL/HIL integration, procurement and prototype build/integration activities by providing technical assistance
- Willing and able to travel internationally for technology transfer
- BSc Engineering (e.g. Electrical, Computer Science, Systems, Aerospace, Automotive)
- MSc Engineering desired (e.g. Electrical, Computer Science, Systems, Software, Aerospace, Automotive, Management)
- Experience in delivering large complex US Defense programs
- Applied working knowledge in the domain of software engineering development and systems integration, with a proven track record of product development throughout the entire product lifecycle
- Experience with military Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Cyber, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C5ISR) systems
- Experience with VICTORY, FACE, GCIA, NGVA & MOSA standards
- Experience with standard bus protocols (J1939 CANBus, RS422/485, DMA, 802.3 Ethernet, MIL-STD-1553)
- Experience with TCP/IP/UDP, DDS, Multicast, DisplayPort, HDMI, HD-SDI protocols
- Experience with Real-Time OS, Linux, Embedded C/C++, Model-based SW Dev, Java, Matlab, Labview
- Experience with x86, ARM, GPU, FPGA
- Experience with fire control systems, stabilization, coordinate transformation and algorithms
- Working knowledge with digital, analog, power and RF electronics
- Hands on experience with lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, network analyzers, and spectrum analyzers
- Knowledge of Systems based design and related Standards/Processes
- Experience with Confluence, DOORS, MS Office
- Experience with bid capture, contract negotiations and delivery planning
- Ability to present technical solutions to clients and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with the US DoD ground vehicle requirements
- Knowledge of the US DoD process and procedures for vehicle development and acquisition
- Familiarity with the US Army TACOM / TARDEC organizations
- Practical ‘hands on’ attitude with the ability to operate independently
- Currently holds or has the ability to obtain SECRET US Defense clearance
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering and vehicle principles
- Detailed knowledge of Military Standards and regulations
- Experience of working in a multi-national, multi-organizational and corporate environment
- Experience with engineering management in a highly regulated industry
- Ability to speak German desired
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Communication: Must be able to communicate effectively in a variety of settings and be able to assimilate complex instructions easily. Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff to establish productive relationships. Superior consultation, diplomacy, influencing and negotiating skills is required. Must possess the ability to explain complex concepts in a way that makes sense to someone less knowledgeable about the topic.
- Strategic Thinking and Decisive Judgment: Must demonstrate an enthusiasm to engage with and support overseas colleagues to ensure all staff have the information and opportunity to perform to the best of their abilities.
- Teamwork: Must promote collaboration and facilitate teamwork across the organization and its external service providers. Must be tactful, diplomatic, and work with integrity, honesty, and respect for others.
- Customer Oriented: Must display exceptional listening and analytical skills in order to understand customer concerns and needs with the ability to respond promptly and effectively to those needs.
- Leadership: Shall support and encourage performance by motivating individuals and teams to achieve high performance. Will clarify and define the goals and strategies of the organization and successfully communicate this to all. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required to work effectively with the US team, suppliers, customer, and corporate parent staff.
- Drive for Results: High level of self-motivation and standards with the ability to multi-task; balancing “analysis” with “doing”. Must be adaptable and able to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines. Work on own initiative.
- US Project Team
- Engineering and Management
- Engineering Director
- Vehicle System Division Purchase and Project Management Team and broader Corporate Team as required
- PEO GCS, NGCV CFT, US Program Team(s), US Army TACOM, US Army TARDEC
- Third party contractors and suppliers
- Commercial partners
- Validation / Qualification test facilities
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Ability to stand for long periods
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.