Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineers
Sr. Advanced Manufacturing EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Advanced Manufacturing Engineers in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
As a Senior Advanced Manufacturing Development Engineer you will participate as a member of the department’s engineering team in the development of new manufacturing processes, plans and improvement initiatives to support advanced manufacturing initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with advanced manufacturing engineering staff, and project leader’s to ensure a schedule attainment is achieved and robust documentation is provided for the assigned tasks to create a successful transition of process development activities into a manufacturing setting.
- Work with New Product Development design engineers and cross-functional teams to evaluate and advise product design for optimized manufacturability.
- Identify and use new techniques and tools to the new product process development to achieve reduction of process development at the delivery phase for projects.
- Work with and lead development with equipment suppliers to deliver custom processing solutions to achieve goals and objectives.
- Perform a variety of calculation and software-aided analyses to prove process reliability, capability, and sustainability.
- Strong analytical skills, knowledge, and experience in process evaluation tools: Design of Experiments (DOE), statistical data analysis, risk analysis, flow layout and other related engineering tools.
- Strong emphasis on fixture and gaging design, development, and implementation for repeatable process performance.
- Identify and work with outside technical resources on specific projects and/or products when appropriate; i.e., universities, consultants, Research and Development, suppliers, customers, etc.
- Knowledge to draw preliminary sketches and prepares layout and detail drawings, using standard computer-assisted design software (NX)
- Knowledge to design a broad range of tooling, cutting tools, fixtures, equipment, and gauges to implement manufacturing processes.
- Ability to be interactive ‘hands on’ with each upcoming engineering project.
- Create, maintain, and package robust documentation packages for responsible development activities and work with manufacturing team to verify alignment regarding collected information and support the pre-production activities for processes.
- Serve as a technical resource on areas of expertise and provide consultation and mentorship to others.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Minimum 4 years engineering related experience is required.
- Metal stamping and tooling experience
- Strong proficiency in 3D CAD – NX, Solidworks, or similar as well as FEA.
- Deep mechanical aptitude is required including a broad knowledge of manufacturing process related activities such as fixture design, metal working, welding, brazing, and grinding.
- Travel Ability to travel domestically and internationally for machine and/or concept evaluations. Estimated yearly travel, up to 30%. Most trips will be contained into 1 week with possibilities of weekend travel.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.