Sr. Analysts (Global Trade Compliance)
Sr. Analysts (Global Trade Compliance)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Analysts (Global Trade Compliance) in Brookfield, Wisconsin.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the process of import/export transactions, manages compliance and assesses best practices for reporting, documentation and recordkeeping.
- Assist with automation of processes and reports for internal and external reporting.
- Audit and classify product according to the General Rules of Interpretation and Harmonized Tariff Schedules and assists with maintaining classification databases.
- Oversee processes concerning free trade activities; including Foreign-Trade Zone(s), Maquiladora/IMMEX, bonded warehouse and other related programs.
- Review and audit customs valuation, including First Sale Rule, assists, and all other methods for customs valuation of imports and exports.
- Prepare documentation to support the importing and exporting of materials and applicable benefits and risks in the countries of import and export.
- Research and monitor local laws, regulations, procedures and applicable benefits related to import transactions; prepares summaries of new regulations for review by team members; distributes updates and summaries to appropriate supply chain and business unit contacts.
- Communicate with brokers, forwarders, external vendors and customers to ensure that the organization has appropriate supporting documentation and consistent compliance with regulations.
- Analyze import and export activities to ensure the company does not violate any restrictions on trade compliance activities.
- Execute team processes as directed and provides input into process improvements related to immediate area of influence.
- Manage a diverse workload which may include changes in priorities and responsibilities. Organize and document business processes, activities performed, perform needed actions, and quality enhancements.
- Review and audit products and documents for Anti-dumping/Countervailing and other Non-Tariff duty applicability.
- Provide guidance to internal business units regarding international shipping documents; including commercial invoices, certificates of origin, Free Trade Agreements, favorable origin preference programs, and other related trade documents. Provides training and guidance on trade compliance activities related to internal departments.
- Develop and manage processes for compliance programs and initiatives, reviews existing processes for efficiency and supports the implementation of systems automation.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills (verbal & written); with the ability to solve complex challenges
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self starter, able to identify and issue and drive to completion
- Accountable and takes ownership with the ability to perform with little or no guidance
- Subject matter expert and willing to be a resource to others within the department and organization
- Analyze Issues – Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
- Knowledgeable about the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and rules of classification of products as well as the applicable implications of a code determination.
- Knowledgeable about Export Control Classification Numbers and applicable license determination.
- Customs Compliance Continuous Improvement and Control – ability to recognize improvement and control opportunities within Trade Compliance, including advising, auditing, quality control and continuous improvement skills
- Understanding and applying customs regulations, how regulations affect the duties paid, value added tax (VAT) implications.
- Understands governmental regulations to maintain compliance and retain trade privileges.
- Thoroughness and Accuracy – ability to be detail oriented, either written, orally, or presented. Able to break down requirements to task levels to achieve project level accomplishment. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Provides accurate, consistent information on all documents. Provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Business and/or Logistics, Supply Chain, Legal, or similar field
- LCB, CCS/CCLS, CGBP CUSECO or similar certification preferred
- At least 7 years of experience in trade compliance or closely related field
- Intermediate knowledge of ERP Business Systems, Global Trade Compliance software and Transportation Management Systems
- Intermediate knowledge in Word, Excel, Access, Adobe, SharePoint and other productivity applications.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.