Sr. Data Engineers
Sr. Data EngineersSTS Technincal Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Data Engineers in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
As a Senior BI Developer/Data Engineer, you are responsible for design, development, and support of data pipelines from multiple applications and sources to facilitate data analytics needs. Our team partners with Sales & Marketing, Finance, and Operations business users and data scientists to help develop data driven insights and make data-driven decisions. The Senior BI Developer works with various data and BI tools and technologies, such as SQL Server, Google Big Query, Informatica IICS, Python, Google Cloud Composer, and etc.
Brady offers a hybrid work option that allows for both personal flexibility and in person collaboration to deliver the greatest outcomes for our people and customers. This option is a mix of in the office and one offsite day which is pre-determined based on role and function.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Develop data pipelines from multiple sources with SQL, Big Query, Informatica IICS, and Python Code.
- Develop SQL code or data flow to integrate and transform data from multiple sources into useful, consistent and easily consumable data elements.
- Design and develop tables in Cloud Data Warehouse for business analytics needs.
- Understand data warehouse concepts, dimensional data models, and architectures.
- Work with business analysts and business users to understand data requirements and map into easy consumable data elements.
- Provide ongoing enhancement and support for data pipelines in the production environment. Understand critical needs of the business, identify and fix issues with a sense of urgency.
- Participate in discussions on design options and approaches, propose solutions and develop the new capabilities.
- Perform and lead the code reviews to identify coding, process and functionality improvements.
- Work on troubleshooting, identifying issues and performance bottlenecks, problem solving and impact analysis.
- Follow the Scrum process and take ownership of Jira stories.
- Lead the offshore developers, provide directions and guide them with development and support processes.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently as well as ability to work within a team
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate well with technical and non-technical staff
- 5+ years of experience working with ETL and SQL development
- 5+ years of experience working with Enterprise Data Warehouse and Dimensional Data Model.
- 3+ years experience working with Python or .NET programming
- 3+ years of experience working with cloud data platform, Azure or GCP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to independently troubleshoot issues and determine and develop the best solution while considering all impacts to the production system
- Willing to learn and able to adapt to new technologies as needed
- Complete insurance coverage starting on first day of employment – medical, dental, vision, life
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Bonus opportunity
- Vacation and holiday pay
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.