Sr. Electrical Engineers
Sr. Electrical EngineersSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Electrical Engineers in Melbourne, Florida.
The Sr. Electrical Engineer is a key member of the our client’s Hardware Engineering Team, a multidisciplinary, tight-knit group of engineers and technicians who develop and support our clients wide array of products and projects. Each member of the team is required to both specialize in their field and cross-train in other disciplines.
This position is available immediately for a self-motivated, highly dynamic individual with excellent electrical design skills. The Electrical Engineer is primarily responsible for design, development, modification, and evaluation of electrical circuits, components, and systems for avionics equipment. Routine tasks include feasibility studies, analysis, simulation, circuit design, prototyping, schematic capture, verification, validation, qualification, and lifecycle support. Secondary responsibilities may include training less senior engineers, participating in peer design reviews, supporting manufacturing, troubleshooting field issues, and occasional test software development. The ideal candidate will have strong circuit design skills and experience designing robust onboard electronics in a highly regulated industry.
Required Skills, Experience, and Core Competencies:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Circuit Design and Simulation experience
- Experience with serial communication busses (CAN, RS422, RS485, A429, etc.)
- Experience designing embedded systems that include: microprocessors, memory, programmable logic, RF, mixed signal, analog, and general purpose electrical circuits
- Experience with switching DC power supply design and troubleshooting
- Experience with digital, analog, and RF test equipment
- Extensive experience with schematic capture software (Altium, Cadence, etc.)
- Knowledge of modern PCB production technologies and methods
- Design and test digital processor circuits to interface with pressure sensors, magnetometers, gyros, accelerometers and other sensors
- Planning of system architectures including functional partitions and interfaces
- Technology selections and documentation of detailed device specifications
- Integration of mechanical and electrical components into a PCB
- Writing requirements, specifications, and verification tests of system hardware
- Design, fabricate, and test CPU, GPU, Data-bus, memory, and FPGA interfaces
- Manufacturing and field problem resolution
- Component engineering, lifecycle support, and continuous product improvement
- To work as part of a team helping support the technical efforts of other engineers, designers, technicians, and departments
- Application of professional ethics and judgment in developing safety of flight/life critical equipment
Education & Work Experience:
- BSEE from an ABET accredited engineering program
- Min. 5 years experience as an Electrical Engineer designing robust embedded electronic systems
- RF Circuit Design
- Altium Designer Training/Experience
- Experience in the design of high reliability, safety critical equipment (military, avionics, clinical-medical or similar devices)
- Familiarity with Environmental Testing (such as MIL-STD-810 or DO-160)
- Experience developing test software in LabView
- Pilot’s license, flight training, or familiarity with general aviation
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.