Sr. Engineer Technicians
Sr. Engineer TechniciansSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is actively seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Electrical Engineering Technician position in Dallas, TX. In this position, you will oversee several electro-optical engineering laboratory facilities to ensure compliance to industry quality and safety standards as well as internal policies and procedures. Our client is a leading manufacturer and supplier of sophisticated electronic products supporting both defense and commercial applications. This is a CONTRACT position that is available immediately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enforce and execute general cleanliness and housekeeping duties
- Manage ESD compliance of multiple work areas
- Oversee management and control of government furnished equipment and material
- Schedule and oversee equipment calibration
- Manage lab supplies to ensure adequate inventory and proper age control
- Support program specific needs – including system/subsystem test setup and execution
- Associates (two-year technical) degree from a technical or vocational school, appropriate military training, or equivalent years of experience
- 5+ years in electronics industry
- Knowledge of electronic laboratory equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, and power supplies
- Experienced with optical laboratory equipment including optical table setup, collimators, filters, etc.
- Experience with engineering laboratory equipment, processes, and procedures
- General understanding of electronic circuits, troubleshooting, and repair
- Experience with electronic assembly, including circuit card soldering and cable assembly
- Ability to read schematics, drawings, cable diagrams, and CCA layout files
- Experience organizing workspace, maintaining a clean work environment, and ensuring
- Familiar with proper handling and disposition procedures for typical lab chemicals such as alcohol, lead solder, epoxies, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including the ability to create and manage lists and data in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to hold a security clearance
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.