Sr. Firmware Engineers (Hybrid Work)
Sr. Firmware Engineers (Hybrid Work)STS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Firmware Engineers for hybrid work in Dodge Center, Minnesota.
This position will be a Hybrid role, working in the office and from home. Responsible for advanced vehicle telematics research, development, verification and validation, testing, and production implementation. Utilize essential education background or work-related experiences, strong time management, communication, and critical thinking skills. Follow the directions of the supervisor efficiently and provide feedback on the technical hurdles and progress. Complete tasks with some guidance on a mutually agreed schedule between the candidate and the supervisor/program manager. Strong motivation to learn new technologies and skills in advanced telematics.
Why Should I Apply?
Best in class benefits package including:
- Medical Coverage on 1st day of employment
- Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account
- 401k Match .50 on every dollar up to 6%
- Wellness Program
- 27 days of vacation within 1st year
- Education Reimbursement options
- Nationally recognized most ethical company in 2019 & 2020
- In addition, our client offers excellent growth opportunities and room for advancement.
How You Can Make A Difference:
- Responsible for advanced vehicle telematics research, development, verification and validation, testing and production implementation.
- Establish requirements (resources, equipment, estimates, test plans, and milestones) according to the needs of a project.
- Responsible for developing advanced telematics strategies in a virtual simulation environment using modeling tools or bench test vehicle simulators and transferring simulated strategies to vehicle testing and eventual production implementation.
- Work with internal and external (vendors, industry consortiums, or universities etc.) project teams on advanced telematics development efforts under the guidance of a supervisor.
- Assist feasibility studies and project estimates (man power, budget development, timelines) on proposed projects.
- Support proposal development with regards to acquiring appropriate funding for various advanced telematics development efforts.
- Provide support and insight to engineering design teams as needed based on expertise..
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or and 3-plus years related experience OR
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 1-plus years related experience.
- Automotive or heavy-duty vehicle background with vehicle telematics experiences.
- Work experience in automotive or heavy-duty vehicle CAN bus and architecture
- Work experience in embedded software development using C/C++/C# or Python a plus..
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.