Sr. Manager of Avionics Engineering
Sr. Manager of Avionics EngineeringSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring a Sr. Manager of Avionics Engineering in Erlanger, Kentucky.
The Sr Manager, Avionics Engineering, reports to the Staff VP, Engineering, and is responsible for the engineering data, instructions, documents, and technical support that economically ensures the safety, airworthiness, and reliability of Atlas Air aircraft Avionics systems within the following ATA’s – 22, 23, 24, 26, 28, 31, 33, 34, 77 and can also include other ATA Chapters.
- Supervise Mgr Avionics Engineer and Avionics Engineering staff.
- Prioritize Avionics Engineering actions.
- Provide budgetary data on projects and issues as directed.
- Report on the status of projects and issues as directed.
- Issue instructions and documents to economically support operations and return aircraft to service in a safe, airworthy, and timely manner.
- Develop and/or obtain approved data, acceptable data, and Alternate Methods of Compliance (AMOCs) for repairs, alterations, and modifications.
- Update technical source documents as applicable to insure accuracy.
- Support integration of new and previously operated aircraft.
- Liaise with manufacturers; maintenance representatives, repair & overhaul (MRO) facilities; outside engineering departments; regulatory personnel; and other outside agencies.
- Participate in industry working groups, industry steering committees, industry meetings, and conferences.
- Review work of consultant, contract, and MRO Avionics Engineers.
Key Objectives (Metrics):
- Evaluate Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs), Notices of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRMs), Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Service Bulletins (SBs), Service Letters (SLs), and other notifications of in-service issues.
- Develop product improvement modifications as directed by Reliability Indicators.
- Work with original equipment manufacturers on emerging issues to help ensure safety and airworthiness, but also minimize the economic impact.
- Organize, develop and provide all necessary Avionics Engineering documentation required to complete aircraft
- Avionics modifications and repairs within the allocated time schedule and budget allowance.
- Establish component repair and build specifications to enhance dispatch reliability in accordance with budgetary and regulatory requirements.
Key Objectives (Activities):
- Provide technical support to Technical Operations, Ground Operations, Flight Operations, and other Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings personnel.
- Coordinate with other Engineering staff to provide 24/7 technical support.
- Review avionics portion of the Aircraft Maintenance and Inspection Program, and initiate maintenance program changes and changes to maintenance documents.
- Meets deadlines
- Remembers & follows instructions
- Meets daily attendance & punctuality standard
- Work is thorough
- Produces accurate, dependable work
- Output is consistent
- Complete attention to detail
- Volume of work produced meets expectations
- Commitment to task
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with aircraft and engine avionic systems and components.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of large aircraft avionic systems and components design.
- Ability to identify cost effective engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to interface with manufacturers and regulatory agencies.
- Some financial analysis skills required.
- 15-20 years Aircraft Avionics Engineering
- 10 years in applied engineering setting.
- B.S. Engineering/Technical Engineering Degree (EE or AE) or equivalent experience.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.