Sr. Manufacturing Engineers
Sr. Manufacturing EngineersSTS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Manufacturing Engineers in Tomahawk, Wisconsin.
Implements continuous improvement opportunities in manufacturing operations ensuring work processes integrate safety and ergonomics into standardized work practices. Lead manufacturing control systems to ensure optimum quality, quantity and cost requirements are met. Develop cost reduction programs through manufacturing efficiency improvements, schedule attainment and first run capacity. Leads complex and functional implementation of continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead complex Project Appropriation Requests (PAR’s) and ensures the PAR process deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Provide productivity improvements to reduce total manufacturing cycle time by identifying and eliminating waste in the manufacturing process
- Coordinates, communicates, and implements Process Change Notices and Engineering Changes Notices
- Lead and support work group advisors, engineers, maintenance and operators in the development of tools, fixtures, and machines to support existing and new product and process design and solve complex production-related issues
- Performs industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering and tool design activities
- Collaborates with New Product Engineers to develop new product processes and equipment
- Maintain and improve process documentation, routings, job aids and standards and obtain and prepare necessary training documentation
- Prepare project plans, cell layouts, monitors progress and expedites plans to meet established deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Knowledge and prior implementation of cellular manufacturing, J.I.T. and S.P.C.
- Experience in a variety of fabrication, machining, finishing and assembly processes including inspection, equipment selection, tooling selection, and new product/design introduction.
- Experience in detail process planning and continuous improvement, including specifying process parameters, process equipment, tooling, fixturing, and gauging.
- Knowledge in CAD, network/software and PC applications.
- Practical application of ergonomics and safety process controls.
- Knowledge in machining operations and equipment, familiarity with cellular and JIT concepts, equipment justification and procurement, costing methods and value analysis.
- Knowledge in capacity planning, including productivity measurements, manpower planning and material flow.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that has partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call (717) 881-4669.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.