Sr. Payroll and Benefits Specialists
Sr. Payroll and Benefits SpecialistsSTS
Website STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Sr. Payroll and Benefits Specialists in Johns Creek, Georgia.
In this position, you will be responsible for accurately and effectively executing the payroll and benefit processes, communications and transactions. This is a DIRECT HIRE position that is available immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process payroll for hourly and salaried employees; including reviewing and importing hours from time and attendance system, administering regulatory requirements, e.g., garnishments, tax levies, and support orders, and other adjustments to pay as necessary
- Implement and maintain payroll and time best practices to improve efficiency and consult with human resources team to improve payroll and HRIS processes
- Respond to all unemployment claims in a timely manner
- Maintain employee records in payroll/HRIS systems
- Produces scheduled and any additional reports pertaining to payroll
- Administer all employee benefit programs including enrollments and terminations
- Coordinates and conducts the new employee onboarding process and presents benefits presentations to ensure employees gain an understanding of benefit plans and enrollment provisions
- Fulfills all governmental regulatory mandates and ensures filings are performed as required
- Plans and administers annual open enrollment period. This includes preparation (or revision) and distribution of materials, conducting meetings to communicate changes to employees, arranging for on-site representation by providers, and processing changes within deadlines
- Plans, conducts and reports results of audits to ensure all enrollments are accurate and that dependent information is correct for each employee and works closely with Accounting for quarterly and year end audits (payroll, Workers Comp, 401k, etc.)
- Addresses benefit inquiries to ensure timely and accurate resolutions. Maintains contact with employees and beneficiaries to facilitate proper and complete utilization of benefits for all employees
- Processes monthly billings from providers. Reviews billings for accuracy and approves for payment in a timely manner. Resolves discrepancies with carriers and payroll
- Coordinate with third party administrator to manage disability claims, FMLA, COBRA according to the plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with an emphasis in business or finance, or equivalent year’s professional/analytical experience related to the above-described duties.
- 5+ years of experience administering payroll, HRIS and benefits processes required. Work experience should include knowledge of basic human resources, payroll practices, benefits administration, and compliance or other related experience
- FPC or CPP Certification Preferred
- Must have strong knowledge of a variety of computer software applications including payroll, benefits, time & attendance and HRIS systems. Experience with UltiPro a plus
- Strong understanding of Human Resources processes and terminology, payroll and benefit processes and procedures, including eligibility and enrollment rules and benefit procedures
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a recruiting professional directly, please call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.