Staff Manufacturing Engineers (Metrology)
Staff Manufacturing Engineers (Metrology)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Staff Manufacturing Engineers (Metrology) in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Responsible for strategic initiatives and project management support for related manufacturing systems and services. Provides leadership, training, promotion, enhancement, and support for engineering activities. Provides technical knowledge and expertise to production and engineering personnel enabling them to perform their responsibilities and grow their skills and abilities.
- Implements Operational Excellence principles via continuous improvement activities to achieve a clearly defined and proven manufacturing process.
- Investigates and integrates new technology, best practices, and benchmarks with current processes.
- Provides expertise in concurrent product and process development and coaching in the transfer of knowledge into the systems, processes, and people.
- Contributes to the creation of targets for capital cost, piece cost, and development cost and provides parts, tooling, and processes within those targets.
- Supports and coordinates department during prototype builds, machine moves, and run-offs.
- Specifies the capability of equipment for capacity and continuing operations.
- Ensures that the process has Internal Production Part Approval Process (IPPAP) documentation and ISO compliance.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in manufacturing operations while integrating safety, ergonomics, standardized work, and efficient workflow principles.
- Provide technical leadership relative to the development and maintenance of robust Measurement Systems Analysis Plans within H-D’s APQP process.
- Collaborates with manufacturing and quality engineers to develop and implement appropriate measurement systems for control plans, coordinates quality lab activities to support existing measurement systems, and performs and coordinates measurement activities throughout a powertrain manufacturing and assembly plant.
- Serve as key technical resource responsible for shop floor CMM set-up, gage R&R performance, and ongoing support.
- Complete dimensional layout requests using the appropriate metrology equipment to confirm part-to-print inquiries.
- Supports gage calibration technician activities.
- Manage budget performance for plant gage calibration and maintenance services
- Support and drive the implementations of site Quality Plan activities to meet or exceed business performance goals.
- Participate in implementing the standardization of quality methods, measures, and tools.
- Support and participate in activities to ensure ISO 9001:2015 compliance and overall effectiveness of Harley-Davidson’s QMS.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
General Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 8 years of related industry experience.
- A detailed knowledge of manufacturing/assembly processes, lean manufacturing principles, tool and fixture applications, work measurement, ergonomics, quality/gaging principles and application, material flow, and plant layout.
- Leadership and facilitation skills and experience in acting as a resource/mentor for assigned work areas and ancillary resources.
- Demonstrated experience in manufacturing engineering disciplines combined with interpersonal communication skills.
Specific Experience Requirements
- Experience in project management, which may include planning, supervising, monitoring, and accomplishing the goals of specific project requirements.
- Practitioner-level experience with GD&T
- Gear metrology – involute gear profiles, spline metrology, etc.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Zeiss CMM’s and other shop floor metrology equipment such as Klingelnberg, Gleason, &/or Adcole
- CMM programming (Calypso preferred)
- Gage and fixture design and selection
- Knowledge of the product development process and APQP
- Operating within a robust Quality Management System
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.