Strategic Buyers (Indirect)
Strategic Buyers (Indirect)STS
STS Technical Services
STS Technical Services is hiring Strategic Buyers in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Build your career with a leading global manufacturer of high quality construction equipment and compact construction machines. Enjoy the excitement of working for an organization that serves multiple industries, including construction, landscaping, agriculture, and architecture, as well as municipal bodies in applications such as roadbuilding, rail transport and recycling.
At Wacker Neuson, we believe in a culture of mutual respect and agility, built on the values and mindset of a family enterprise. Headquartered in Munich, Germany with our strategically located sales teams and international production sites, Wacker Neuson Group employs more than 5,500 people worldwide. There is plenty of opportunity for you to build your career with Wacker Neuson.
In the US, enjoy casual work attire with jeans all week, flexible and non-traditional work week schedules, health and well-being programs including an onsite gym at our Menomonee Falls location, and many competitive benefits that will get you excited to choose Wacker Neuson as your next employer.
The Buyer’s primary role is to develop, implement and drive strategic sourcing alliances with external suppliers to meet ongoing supply process business requirements: consistent conforming material, flexible and responsive to demand variability and competitive global cost. The person in this position will maintain purchasing data integrity, manage purchasing projects and assist on projects led by Managers.
- Position Location: Menomonee Falls, WI
- Remote Work: No
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Supply Base Development:
- Evaluates and recommends suppliers for addition to the Company’s supply base with criteria developed with Quality Assurance, Design Engineering and Focus Factories.
- Communicates regularly with the top 80% of responsible supply base to ensure capability for ongoing supply viability, While still managing the tail spend
- Manages all aspects of assigned commodities as well as assists on other commodities as needed
- Manages total acquisition cost for respective suppliers, through negotiation, process change, and/or re-sourcing.
- Sources for assigned commodities to effectively support the business unit requirements and or SOW Measures Supplier Performance based on quality assurance and production input to identify and resolve out of bounds conditions.
- Processes design engineering data for material maintenance and additions as required.
- Maintains purchasing function data in the ERP “SAP” including:, PIR Source list, price maintenance, VMI-non-VMI coding, and other Purchasing related data as required.
- Maintain supplier contact information as well as document supplier designations (Preferred, Acceptable, Exit)
- Resolves any quality assurance non-conformances with suppliers.
- Resolves any supply exceptions to support production or business unit demands.
- Manages supplier relationships including analyzing and score carding their key suppliers
- Works closely with key stakeholders to understand their business needs and find solutions based on their scope of work
- Performs all job functions is a safe manner and maintains safety awareness.
- Reports known accidents, injuries and unsafe practices and/or conditions to supervisor.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Production Operations Management or other related business program is required.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in supply chain within a manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience with Supply Chain ERP is preferred or fundamental knowledge of Supply Chain ERP is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and public speaking skills.
- Ability to effectively negotiate terms and conditions.
- Experience in contract review and acceptance
- Strong conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel and Access.
- ISM or APICS certification is highly preferred.
- Some travel will be required.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.
Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!
If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.
STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.